2014 Mustang 5.0 A6 Vs M6

oG REFLEX

Oct 4, 2015
I was planning on to buy a Mustang GT and im wonder is there a big difference in the 2 different transmission. I heard so many problem with the stick ( MT82 ) tranny, I havent heard any down from the auto cause i get some opinion on the 2. Does the auto pull good and can it keep up with even the stick is there many large differnt. Please help me to decide thank you

• Sponsors (?)

The MT82 still seems to be a little hit and miss. Test drive the car extensively to make sure everything checks out. If you can test drive both and see which one you prefer. With the automatic, you'll never miss a shift! :nice:
My friend has a stick and havent had a problem but i be hearing to much about it that it wont last in the long run. But is the auto and stick have the same power and torque what is the main difference in those two. Because i know the camaro l99 and ls3 is very difference and i dont know if its the same with mustang

You will have a little bit less because of the automatic transmission but you make up for it by never missing shifts and being able to launch more consistently.
So with all the pro and cons of both what do you recommend for a daily also racing at mexico on weekend , i be doing some mods like header , tune , boss intake , tb , cai so it get prettty up there. On top i do some digs and some roll racing

I've owned both and the auto is spectacular but different. The manual required, in my view, immediate mods to deal with its wheelhop and shifting issues. The auto is just coordinated, repeatable fast right out of the box. Three shifting modes, take your choice. You are not really giving up any power you can detect going auto. I've shot out low-mid 4s 0-60 using an idle launch, on a cold road and oem tires with the auto and I can do that pretty much 10 out of 10 times. Manual shifting the auto makes curvy road driving competent as well.

Ford had to have a do-over on building my manual trans after less than 15K. It just started whining loudly. I had no further issues after they rebuilt it but, hmmm.....

As has been said, try both and see what you like. They are remarkably different, for the same car.

Reactions: 1 user
I've owned both and the auto is spectacular but different. The manual required, in my view, immediate mods to deal with its wheelhop and shifting issues. The auto is just coordinated, repeatable fast right out of the box. Three shifting modes, take your choice. You are not really giving up any power you can detect going auto. I've shot out low-mid 4s 0-60 using an idle launch, on a cold road and oem tires with the auto and I can do that pretty much 10 out of 10 times. Manual shifting the auto makes curvy road driving competent as well.

Ford had to have a do-over on building my manual trans after less than 15K. It just started whining loudly. I had no further issues after they rebuilt it but, hmmm.....

As has been said, try both and see what you like. They are remarkably different, for the same car.
thank you so much for that thats is the answer i wanted lol , so they pretty much the same and im going with the auto cause i wont miss shift and worry about my trannmission going out on me , i will switch the gear , boss intake , cai , tb , headers , axle back and tune , would you kow how much power i would be making around

A couple bits of advice on your mod choices: dont change the gear, change the converter, if anyting. No boss intake or TB, they don't make gains in the real world, headers exhaust pricey but effective, tune the biggest bang for your buck you'll get.

A couple bits of advice on your mod choices: dont change the gear, change the converter, if anyting. No boss intake or TB, they don't make gains in the real world, headers exhaust pricey but effective, tune the biggest bang for your buck you'll get.
i also heard 4.10 gear is the best for auto and cai like jlt i heard give good gain and boss intake and tb dont give hp i heard they do and i seen everyone does it and head for sure headers and exhaust and bama tune or its better a camaro ss and do header , exhaust , cat , tune and later on cam

Absolutely not. Many of the fastest auto cars in north america are on 3:15 gears. First is so steep in the auto it's like 1st and 3.73s in the manual. Absolutely the best way to speed up an automatic is to loosen up the converter. That's not just me talking out of my ass. Look around and you'll find you are about to make every kind of rookie error with your suggestions. Cai isn't worth a damn without a tune and not much with it. The factory airbox supports more cfm than the engine can use without forced induction. Boss intake will gain a touch up top at the expense of the bottom and you'll have to raise the rev limiter to see any benefit.

...and on the what's possible front: I ran 11.9 at 115 on my MT82 car with slicks,a 91 tune and GT500 axlebacks. Stock airbox, exhaust, full weight car with every option except glass roof.

So keep that stock gears in place and yeah the jlt cai is tune needed and , so the boss intake will it give me gains or no and i was planning to do a long tune header , roush axle and off road x pipe or catted x pipe , what mods do you recommend to see good gains , do you think bama tune is decent

So keep that stock gears in place and yeah the jlt cai is tune needed and , so the boss intake will it give me gains or no and i was planning to do a long tune header , roush axle and off road x pipe or catted x pipe , what mods do you recommend to see good gains , do you think bama tune is decent

There's no gain t be had on 85 octane fuel, no matter what you do.

Gains depend on what you want. There may be a few horses up high with a boss manifold but, you will have to raise the rev limiter to see them. It will cost you useable power down low and the boss mani is difficult to make work with the automatic, as it doesn't have any of the provisions for the fittings needed to hook it to a car with an auto trans. I wouldn't do it on an auto car, as I've said several times now. LT headers an off-road X or H pipe with a tune for it, will pick up a healthy bit. Bama is a generic tune. For the auto car, I'd suggest Steeda as safe or VMP for knowing their way around the juice box. Not everyone can tune the auto cars and if you get it wrong, it's really wrong.

There's no gain t be had on 85 octane fuel, no matter what you do.

Gains depend on what you want. There may be a few horses up high with a boss manifold but, you will have to raise the rev limiter to see them. It will cost you useable power down low and the boss mani is difficult to make work with the automatic, as it doesn't have any of the provisions for the fittings needed to hook it to a car with an auto trans. I wouldn't do it on an auto car, as I've said several times now. LT headers an off-road X or H pipe with a tune for it, will pick up a healthy bit. Bama is a generic tune. For the auto car, I'd suggest Steeda as safe or VMP for knowing their way around the juice box. Not everyone can tune the auto cars and if you get it wrong, it's really wrong.
Thank you so much bro , you gave me alot of information , can you give me a list of mod you would do or best gain for a auto 5.0 in your opoion with best tuner and can i get like the power you think it would make

Tune with or without CAI, depending on you wealth. CAI doesn't do much but I think you already have spent that money. Steeda or VMP I have heard are both excellent with auto. That alone could get you close to 400 wheel. I made 440 horse at the flywheel on the Ford Procal tune alone on my last car, thus about 375 at the wheels and that was enough for 11s at the dragstrip on a fully loaded car. I would not necessarily pick that tune for my auto as it doesn't really do much with the shifting calibrations and the price went up a lot.

Full exhaust with a appropriate tune revision is definitely going to get you over 400 wheel.

Suspension wise the car is less crippled by wheelhop and sidesway than the manual cars. I'd still look at an upper control arm. I used the Roush stop the hop kit on my last car. It's not adjustable but it is quiet and effective. Lots of choices here but, anything has the potential to produce more noise, vibration and harshness than stock.

I think you'll be pleased with the return on investment with just these few mods. If/when you get serious about power, boost and automatics are peanut butter and jelly.