2014 Mustang Hair Trigger Clutch

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by jon1475, Sep 3, 2013.

1. jon1475

jon1475 New Member

Just took delivery of my 2014 Mustang V6 with manual transmission and 2.73 gears and it has a very sensitive clutch that has a very narrow band of travel right as it comes up off the floor for engagement/disengagement. I have been driving manuals my entire life and I am not a total klutz but I stalled this thing 6 or 8 times the first day I had (starting from a stop in 1st gear) it and both my friends who drove it stalled it first time too. Starting on a hill I had to resort to holding the parking brake which I normally never do. Obviously I can adapt to this over time and when I put in 3.31 or 3.55 gears it should help but is a touchy clutch with a narrow engagement travel typical of this car? I've never had the slightest issue with this in any other car before but I actually have to really concentrate on starts with this car. Anybody else out there with a late model manual V6 that can comment?

2. TheRican

TheRican Emo Extraordinaire

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Remove clutch assist spring?

3. FordCustSrvc

FordCustSrvc Member

Congrats on your new ‘Stang and welcome to the forum, jon1475! If you feel this becoming a concern, be sure to bring it in to your dealer and PM me.

Deysha

4. jon1475

jon1475 New Member

Deysha, Thanks for your reply but I don't think I'll be going to my local dealer for ANYTHING, EVER.
    My car has a 2.73 rear end and I purchased a 3.31 gear set and pinion bearing and asked for a quote to install and was just told that it would be 8 hours labor at $100 an hour and they would nee the car overnight. Every single resource that I have found indicates that the install should take from 3 up to a maximum of 4 hours. Antics like this from a Ford dealer caused me to buy imported cars after selling my last Mustang a 1990 5.o LX. Now more than 15 years later I buy another Mustang and it's the same old story. The Toyota and Honda dealers never tried to pull this stuff on me.

5. FordCustSrvc

FordCustSrvc Member

I understand, jon1475. I’ll be more than happy to document your experience with this dealer. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and a brief description of what happened.

Deysha

6. jon1475

jon1475 New Member

Deysha, I'm trying to figure out how to PM you but unable. I tried a conversation at your member site but was rejected as being over 420 characters and wound up posting here by mistake. Now I need to figure out how to delete the previous post.

7. FordCustSrvc

FordCustSrvc Member

Thank you for the PM, jon1475! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Can you try to edit the post and take out your private info?

Deysha

8. jon1475

jon1475 New Member

I've tried to delete or edit the post and I can't - I also can't figure out how to PM you either. I can easily do these things on other forums that I use. This forum isn't too user friendly. I contacted 3 other Ford dealers and their estimates for a gear swap were over $1000 !!!!!

9. FordCustSrvc

FordCustSrvc Member

I don’t see an edit option after a few minutes either, jon1475. I did receive a PM from you and I replied to you. You should see it in your inbox on the top right corner.

Deysha

10. Noobz347

Noobz347 Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor Admin Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Post deleted. Never enter personal information in an open forum.