22% drivetrain loss

5.0 HOtrain

Founding Member
May 20, 2001
New Hampshire
Well, dynoed the old heap yesterday at mustang day at performance dyno. Motor made 580/539 flywheel #'s. Made 453/426 rear wheel #'s. I guess I should take out the tremec and eaton/31 spline rear and go back to a t-5 and stock carrier and axles to get better #'s :rlaugh: NOT.
It was a good day, alot of nice cars from the SSoM club came down.
mike.

http://www.strokerpower.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=155

dyno sheet.

• Sponsors (?)

22% sounds about right Mike, be lucky you don't have a 28% AOD..lol

My glide should be around 15-16%, even with the 33 splines, spool etc...

The curves look good, it held the power up top, something Ed is famous for, why only 6500rpm?

Not an FTI grind, only 6500 because that was were the motor made peak on the engine dyno. Michael, it was in the 80's and sweaty nuts humid, so air was a factor, it could have been better. Ponyboy, it was on a dynojet. Tremec 3550, 418,TFS "R" heads, custom cam, super victor, 1000cfm demon, ect...

BTW, what a difference in tune from the engine dyno :shrug: Had to drop 6 jet sizes. First pull was 11:1 a/f :rlaugh: Oh well, mpg should be better :rlaugh:

Mike.

Rick 91GT said:
22% sounds about right Mike, be lucky you don't have a 28% AOD..lol

My glide should be around 15-16%, even with the 33 splines, spool etc...

The curves look good, it held the power up top, something Ed is famous for, why only 6500rpm?

common rick no cracks abought aods

Mike.... this is just my personal opinion and thought but that's alot of carb (1000cfm Demon) for that 418 C.I.D Stroker. It would be interesting to see what kind of number's you get say swapping to an 850cfm Carb. Now your combo is a bit more radical then mine, but when I called Barry Grant to get there opinion on which Mighty Demon to run on my 408 they came up with a 750! Keep in mind that Demon carb's are wet flow tested and a 750 Demon will probably equall out to an 850 Holley. I didn't listen and went with an 850 instead, since I felt the 850 would probably be better for the big Stroker at higher RPM's. Within reason are combo's are fairly similar.... from what I can remember you got a bit more cam then me and a couple more point's of compression and of course 10 more cubes but otherwise there quite similar. I would like to see what that 418 of yours does with a smaller carb.... My 408 run's great at all RPM's and throttle response is great with the 850......Just an idea. Otherwise those are still some pretty darn good RWHP number's man... Good to hear.

Shon

Shon, what were you cam specs/compression ratio? I went with the carb size at the recomendation of the man who did the machine work and dynoed the motor. Souly off of what i've seen come off his dyno. On the engin dyno jetting ended up at 90/94. Now i'm at 84/88 and 31* total timing. The tune changed alot from the engine dyno. I think due to complete exhaust (tail pipes). I was guessing anywhere from 475+, so i'm not that far off. The power curve is super sweet, did you check the graph? The car is a blast drive, as you know with you'res :nice:
mike.

My Compression ratio is 10.8:1.
Cam Specs: Comp Xtreme Energy 288HR
Ad. Duration- 288/294
Lift w/1.6R .555/.576
110* LS
Running Comp's New Beehive Spring's.... Highly Recomend These Spring's To Anyone.
Yes... the Cam is a little on the mild side, but I have a set of 1.7 Pro Mag. Roller Rocker's Sitting On the shelf waiting to go on. Should bring Lift to around .575/.600 Aprox. The car see's alot of street/cruising time so I went a little mild.... Fix That Soon.

I missed your graph the first time.... Just Checked it out..... Very Impressive! :nice:
If you ever have the oportunity Mike you should try an 850 or similar.... I'm very curious to see what the result would be.
What Are Your Cam Spec's?

Shon

5.0 HOtrain said:
The car is a blast drive, as you know with you'res :nice:
mike.

I can tell by the dyno sheet that things gotta be a blast to drive with a torque curve like that. And you're doing it all naturally aspirated. That's cool. Makes me want to change plans to a big cube setup rather than the small cube / hi-rev stuff I've been doing.

EMW150 said:
I can tell by the dyno sheet that things gotta be a blast to drive with a torque curve like that. And you're doing it all naturally aspirated. That's cool. Makes me want to change plans to a big cube setup rather than the small cube / hi-rev stuff I've been doing.

It is a blast to drive, but.................whats wrong with what you're combo lays down? AWESOME #'s.
mike.

Thanks. What I mean is if you overlay our dyno #s. Yours is putting down more torque at 3800 rpms than mine is at peak. Mine doesn't even get the ball rolling till 4500 rpms. You have the best of both worlds. Awesome low end torque and high peak horsepower. You put together a cool as hell combo there. Be proud.

Thanx for the kind words guys. I'm not sure about tommorow Joe, we had plans to go boating. The weather is supposed to be cool like today though, we may not go. For the fourth or fifth time this year I'm going to plan on the cruise night in Hillsborough on 8/11. Everytime I try to go it rains, or something else comes up. Sorry I didnt let you know about the dyno, it was a last minute decision to go.
mike.