#24 injectors with speed density ? anyone

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by beaver2489, Jun 1, 2004.

1. beaver2489

beaver2489 Founding Member

anyone have bigger injectors with their speed density? I have a power managment system and AFPR so I could probably fix any lean/rich problems probably.... you think 24's will work ok? I tried converting to mass air but the wiring harness I got was from a newer (93+) mustang and I cant get the fuel pump to come on with it! SO I'm stuck with SD still, which is fine with me as long as I can keep the 24's I just installed. Thanks :flag:
  2. bmorrisj

bmorrisj Member

no it wont work properly, you would be running rich as crap, because at the same pulse width of 19# , the 24# injecters would be spraying a whole lot more fuel.... you need to shorten the pulse width so you can use the 24# imjectors, meaning you probably have to reprogram the ECU.... and i dont see how that wiring harness doesnt work.... all you need to do is splice into power and ground....add two pins for the mass air, and move two pins for the thermactor.... viola you got mass air.... thats all i did couple days ago....
    and you dont need a special tool to pull the pins out....i just gave em a good tug and they pop right out, and pop right back in (make sure that red pin locker is back in when your done) ...
  3. beaver2489

my wiring harness isnt just the mass air plug wires, its the WHOLE harness out of a mass air mustang
  4. _jb_

_jb_ New Member

I still haven't been able to drive my car yet due to the leaking injectors. I was going to upgrade to 24#, but it won't work since I still have SD.
  5. 87saleen

87saleen New Member

i have an 87 with ported stock heads 1.9/1.6 with 1.6 rr and crower 15111 cam that has about the same lift duration as your cam that i run with 24# injectors @ 35 psi. runs great, but a little rich (slight gas smell) when idle drops below 1000 rpm. i am still working on tuning. it is not perfect, but the guy that ran the dyno said it had a better idle and relative hp/torque than most of the mass air cars with similar mods.
    it works.
  6. bmorrisj

bmorrisj Member

oh your working with the whole harness....hmmm i just grabbed the mass air plug and wires and fished them through the firewall... im using an A9S eec also.... i just didnt bother with the fuel pump voltage wire or the speed sensor, everything is well...
  7. beaver2489

THANKS! thats what I wanted to hear lol. I'll still try to get my mass air conversion done today, but its nice to know that if I need to, I can just hook the SD stuff back up if I need to drive the car. Thanks man, I think my problem with the mass air conversion is that the wire harness is from a newer 93+ mustang and the fuel pump relay is different and I gotta change something around...