#24 injectors??

black94gt50

Mar 31, 2005
alright, my question is with my combo, b303,afpr,1.7roller rockers,cobra intake, mac h pipe, and flowtech warlock mufflers. With this combo are 24 pound injectors gonna help me any powerwise.I can pick up a nice set for 50 bucks right now,but in past research i've read that the stock injectors are good up to around 270 rwhp or so.I may go ahead and pick these up for future use because of the good price, but i'm just wondering if i would pick ne power up right now???
thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

yeah thanks grady, thats exactly what i was thinking.The only piece im missing in nice heads lol.Dad works with a guy that has some cast iron gt-40's hes gonna give to us for the wicked low price of 150 bucks, I'm pretty happy about that, but it will be another month or maybe a little longer. The uy just wants rid of them and will sell them to us for a good good price, I'm figuring i can do some bowl work and a fairly good porting job to them and get somewhere around 260-270 rwhp with my combo and some other bolt ons.

black94gt50 said:
yeah thanks grady, thats exactly what i was thinking.The only piece im missing in nice heads lol.Dad works with a guy that has some cast iron gt-40's hes gonna give to us for the wicked low price of 150 bucks, I'm pretty happy about that, but it will be another month or maybe a little longer. The uy just wants rid of them and will sell them to us for a good good price, I'm figuring i can do some bowl work and a fairly good porting job to them and get somewhere around 260-270 rwhp with my combo and some other bolt ons.

Good news about the gt40's :banana:

If the work on them is done right, and the rest of the combo works together well, I think you could make a bit more power than you listed with a GOOD tune.

Just don't put too much money in those old iron heads as you'll never get it back if you do.

Grady

yeah I know the gt-40's arent the best heads in the world, but for the price im not gona pass them up, and dont worry i'm not gona throw 800,900 bucks into them.I think that combo with the gt-40 heads would be good for low 8's in the 1/8th mile(that is with good tires and traction.)I'm running 9.3 right now with just the b303, exhaust, roller rockers, and afpr.I'm only 18 and doing the college thing so money is a little tight, i'm just trying to build a nice street motor right now, later on ill get into the big big stuff.Also i've been keeping my eye on a tweecer for a while now. Any input on it ?? I'm not stupid and i pick up on stuff pretty quickly so i think a tweecer would be a good little toy after i get the heads on.

I'd put the 24#s in. You're nearing the peg out point for the stockers (if they're still running correctly at full capacity), and a little bit of insurance would be nice (never shortcut fuel delivery or cooling). You don't want to put a lot of work into the engine only to destroy it with detonation with you mod it more. Plus, as Grady said that's a good price!

black94gt50 said:
yeah i think i'll jump on those injectors, on a side note 18 mustangs do u like the king cobra clutch u have?? I've got one sitting in my room about to go in

Yeah, I really like the clutch. It's got a rather stiff pedal, and if I'm sitting in traffic for a long time where I'm sitting more than I'm driving I put the car in neutral. I've definitely no complaints! :D
Tim