24 lb ijnectors and calibrated maf enough for v3?

90lxwhite

I'm kind of a She-Man
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2011
Between the Red and Rio
Im wanting to go forced induction and I'm leaing towards the v3. I was thinking ditching the fmu and wanted to know if you guys thought that 24lb injectors and the maf to go w/ em would be sufficient? Right now I'm pretty much stock, stock heads and intake with comp cam and sct chip and exhuast making 209 rwhp.

• Sponsors (?)

Nope I'd get lightning or hd injectors if that got near 80% duty cycle I'd pick up a set of 60s off a lightning also...plenty of them stepping up to 80s now you can get a set of 60s cheap

The FMU works but it raises fuel pressure to 60-70 lbs, theoretically making the injectors flow a little more.
Does anyone know if the 42# Lightning injectors work with a Pro M MAF or do you need to use the stock Lightning MAF?

Ford does all it's injector and MAF calibration in the computer. So I would use the Lightning housing and a calibrated aftermarket MAF sensor. Or you can use the factory sensor and housing along with injectors and then have it dyno tuned

Does anyone know if the 42# Lightning injectors work with a Pro M MAF or do you need to use the stock Lightning MAF?
Yes, assuming you buy the Pro-M meter designated to work with the 42lb/hr injectors, it will work fine. It's still going to be a little rich in the lower regions and throughout the power band though. No combination of injector or MAF meter will be dead on with the stock computer until a proper baseline has been established via ECU tune.