24 lb injectors

bigyet12

Sep 19, 2005
I am rebuilding my 88 5.0 lx 5 speed. It now has a ford e-303 cam, 65mm tb, bbk 1 5/8 headers. BTW I am converting it to mass air also. From what I have read so far it seems like people only recommend 24lb injectors for cars with blowers or cars with performance intakes with upgraded heads. I am using my refurbished factory heads from the engine builder and the stock intake. So will the 24's be too much? Any suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

The 19 LB injectors are good to 300-320 flywheel HP. It takes some serious heads and intake to make that kind of HP. You won't get anywhere near that with what you currently have.

so the 24's would be overkill? Where do you set the bar for needing to upgrade your fuel pump? And for what I am doing with the minor upgrades, what alternator would be good for my car? I also heard that the BBK aluminum underdrive pullies used on the alternator don't allow the stock alternator to charge properly. Is there any backing for this theory?

24s are not needed. You typically need to upgrade your fuel pump and injectors when you get a H/I/C combo of some sort or poweradder. Check out www.pa-performance.com for an alt. The 130 amp 3g is what I would recommend and a 4gauge wire upgrade(can piece that together yourself for cheaper than they sell). I had March U/D pullies with my stock alternator and at idle the voltage was hovering around 12v. Not so good so when I put in the electric fan I got the 3g and it idles around 14.5 volts with the pullies.
Kevin