2400-2600 stall too little?

• Sponsors (?)

i cant spend 700 bucks on this thing. thats why i was gonna go with the 2400 because its $256. my cars power band starts right under 3k rpms...at like 2750-2800. ive got the tfs cam advanced 4 degrees and it pulls great all the way through the rpms. thats why i dont understand why a 2400 stall would be bad. especially if i put a 100 shot on it

dragnazz5.0 said:
the edge 3000 stall is gonna be like $465. i guess ill just stick with the one i have or try to sell it or trade to someone who needs a bigger stall
Guys with stock cams are using the 3000,call them up,you mite need a 3500.I know thats what you have but different companies are different...Whats wrong with your again?

mine is too high. my powerband starts just under 3k but it stalls up to like 4k. it pulls like crazy when it hits, but i just think its too much. the stall was built really tight for a power adder (thats what the guy said that i got it from) so maybe i just need nitrous

dragnazz5.0 said:
mine is too high. my powerband starts just under 3k but it stalls up to like 4k. it pulls like crazy when it hits, but i just think its too much. the stall was built really tight for a power adder (thats what the guy said that i got it from) so maybe i just need nitrous
have you ran it at the track yet? does it feel loose?

havent been to the track yet. it flashes pretty quick in first, but if im cruising in second and hit it it takes a little longer (maybe a second longer) to get to the stall speed. when you nail it, it doesnt flash really quickly to the stall speed, but the rpms raise fairly quickly. i dont know if im describing it correctly, but the rpms slow way down once it hits 4k rpms....but the car still accelerates at about the same rate as it does before 4k.

dragnazz5.0 said:
havent been to the track yet. it flashes pretty quick in first, but if im cruising in second and hit it it takes a little longer (maybe a second longer) to get to the stall speed. when you nail it, it doesnt flash really quickly to the stall speed, but the rpms raise fairly quickly. i dont know if im describing it correctly, but the rpms slow way down once it hits 4k rpms....but the car still accelerates at about the same rate as it does before 4k.
Thats ok,,a converter only helps you off the line!Sounds like you need more gear.

Being you have the Cobra intake,1.7 rockers,cam,and ported heads you might wanna try 410's!! It will make a world of difference over 355's//at minimum you should have 373's,but being you have all the stuff to breath above 4000rpm 410's would be the ticket!!You can find the gears for 139.00..and you will pay anywhere from 200-300 for instalation.

well im pretty sure that i can get my buddy to install them for me or atleast help me do it. but you think thats my problem? because if it is, that would be awesome and i would just get some 4.10s and be done with it. i know thats going to limit my top speed greatly, but its not near ready for the track yet.

dragnazz5.0 said:
well im pretty sure that i can get my buddy to install them for me or atleast help me do it. but you think thats my problem? because if it is, that would be awesome and i would just get some 4.10s and be done with it. i know thats going to limit my top speed greatly, but its not near ready for the track yet.
I have em.If you like cruising 90 on the highways then there not for you.At 68mph Im doing 2500rpm,thats with a stock size tire,a taller tire will lower rpm's.410's will put a "big" smile on your face,and YES,,thats what I think your problem is..Again,the converter is for hole-shots only..Aods should have minimum 373's,355's are for 5 speeds..Let us know if you get them :nice:

Dragn; couple of questions for you. What brand of converter do you have in the car now? Would it be possible to remove it and send it back to the manufacturer to be restalled. Most will do it for free for the first year and for a fair price after a year.
The other thing you have to remember if the inner construction of the stall. If you plan on spraying the car in the future, you'll want a stall with anti-ballooning plates inside to protect it. Not all stalls have these. I know you're only thinking a 100 shot but it may make the difference from a fried converter to one that stays alive.
Oh yeah, when my motor was pretty much stock, I picked up over 2.5 tenths when i switched from 3.55's to 3.90 gears. Just some food for thought.

i dont know exactly who made the stall. ill have to email the guy tonight to see who made it. he said it was made for a nitrous/supercharger car. id definetly rather get gears than having to pull that damn tranny out again. that would be like the 3rd time in 3 months. but after talking to a friend today about it, he said that if i put 4.10s in it i would never make it down the 1/4 mile. it would be turning way too many rpms...and thats not a good thing. but i come to you guys with these questions because theres more opinions and answers from people with c4s. thanks for the help guys, ill let you know who makes it and what the deal exactly is with it.

dragnazz5.0 said:
i dont know exactly who made the stall. ill have to email the guy tonight to see who made it. he said it was made for a nitrous/supercharger car. id definetly rather get gears than having to pull that damn tranny out again. that would be like the 3rd time in 3 months. but after talking to a friend today about it, he said that if i put 4.10s in it i would never make it down the 1/4 mile. it would be turning way too many rpms...and thats not a good thing. but i come to you guys with these questions because theres more opinions and answers from people with c4s. thanks for the help guys, ill let you know who makes it and what the deal exactly is with it.
he's wrong!! I cross the line at 5200rpm..post a thread asking this question,you will see 410's are the way to go!!//OHHHH,,you gotta a c-4? no over drive?

yeah, thats the problem with 4.10 gears....no overdrive. i dont think id make it down the track without topping out. i really just need a new converter im sure....but damn i dont want to spend that kind of money

dragnazz5.0 said:
yeah, thats the problem with 4.10 gears....no overdrive. i dont think id make it down the track without topping out. i really just need a new converter im sure....but damn i dont want to spend that kind of money
well,yeah a c-4 with 410's wouldnt be happy on the highway.You said its good off the line,rite?your converters fine then.Im gonna look at your mods again