24lb vs. 30lb injectors for the Ford Crate 5.0?

jd-hart

Jun 29, 2005
Greensboro, NC
I thought there was a thread similiar to this one, but I couldn't find it.

I am planning a swap this winter. I am looking at the Ford Racing crate engine. The XE3M that ford says does 345 hp. It has the Turbo Swirl heads and E-cam.

Ford Racing suggests 30lb injectors. I was thinking 24lb but wanted to check with you guys. I am getting ready to order the mass air meter, and not sure what size to get.

I never plan on adding a blower, and will only be used on the street. Thanks for any info and Merry Christmas.

• Sponsors (?)

If thats all you plan on doing and no more mods down the road, the 24's will be fine. If you're like me, you'll upgrade down the road, so do the 30's then. I HATE buying parts twice, but i've done it a lot :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hear ya on buying parts twice.

If I do add the 30's will it run rich, without any other mods done to it?

I forgot to add, that it will have the cobra intake, and I have the 190 lb ford racing fuel pump.

The tech at Ford Racing said I didn't need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. What do you think? I was looking at the Kirban.

You do not need an adj fpr.

It depends on the maf calibration if it runs rich or lean, not the injectors themselves. A tuning device helps but you shouldn't need it. I run 30's and they do not run rich, but I tune mine with a PMS.

I have a 347 with trick flow track heat ported heads tfs2 cam and holley systemax intake with 70 mm tb along with aeromotive fuel rails. I had 24's and they worked fine but I think they were to small for the mods, I just went to 30's and its just fine now. I am running 38 psi with out vacume. I have an aeromotive adj regulater. I would do the 30's with that motor I think it will do good,

5.0Droptop said:
I have a 347 with trick flow track heat ported heads tfs2 cam and holley systemax intake with 70 mm tb along with aeromotive fuel rails. I had 24's and they worked fine but I think they were to small for the mods, I just went to 30's and its just fine now. I am running 38 psi with out vacume. I have an aeromotive adj regulater. I would do the 30's with that motor I think it will do good,

Any numers on this combo? Who ported the heads?

Grn92LX said:
Any numers on this combo? Who ported the heads?

I was told The heads were exhaust ported. Nothing wild.
No numbers yet with the holley intake and 30# injs and tfs2. Only #'s i have for the car is When it had a stock intake and a crane 2040 cam which is same as an e cam and 24# injs it ran 13.0x @ 108 by the previous owner. Im sure it will dip into the 12's now. My buddy has a mustang dyno and sct chip set up, so I hope to get it dyno tuned this spring and see what it puts down. I will say this it pulls hard allway to the 6 k rev limiter and its a fun ride!

Get 24's.

30lbers will run rich and cause you hot start issues and a nice fuel smell at idle:) I have them, I know...the maf's have basically an "automatic" calibration on them. They are going to run rich and less you get a tune or custom one done for you...

jd-hart said:
I thought there was a thread similiar to this one, but I couldn't find it.

I am planning a swap this winter. I am looking at the Ford Racing crate engine. The XE3M that ford says does 345 hp. It has the Turbo Swirl heads and E-cam.

Ford Racing suggests 30lb injectors. I was thinking 24lb but wanted to check with you guys. I am getting ready to order the mass air meter, and not sure what size to get.

I never plan on adding a blower, and will only be used on the street. Thanks for any info and Merry Christmas.
heres a thread for a gt40 crate engine, its about injectors http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=600322&page=2