24's on a 331...please tell me that will work

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
*i have used the search function on this. didnt really get the for-sure answer i wanted*

already have a set of FMS 24# injectors along with a PRO-M 75mm meter ( calibrated). i already have this because my original plan was to do the 306. i may now be changing direction to a 331. most guys run 30#'s i know, but i have seen a some guys run 24#'s on 331s. can i do this? will it get enough fuel ( also have a walbro 190 ) ?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i think you should be ok. I don't see what heads you are running. injector size has alot to do with how much hp you are running. it is hard to say forsure your 24lb injectors are fine without a little more info.

86bluecobra said:
i think you should be ok. I don't see what heads you are running. injector size has alot to do with how much hp you are running. it is hard to say forsure your 24lb injectors are fine without a little more info.

afr 185s

24s will support a considerable amount of HP for an N/A app. Stock fuel presures and an in-tank pump of sufficient size can provide enough fuel volume for 350+ HP.