2500 RPM's

Sharkster

Oct 25, 2004
Ive read some posts in Stannet and a couple of other forums about running my 01 Cobra at 2500-3000 RPM's for long periods of time. Someone said (cant name em?) its very hard and excessive wear on the engine etc. I live in a smaller town and the speed limit is 25. I stay in 2nd at 2500-3000 RPM's throughout town and it keeps me at the 25-30 range. I go to 3rd and its moving it way up there and the snake is wanting to really go. Im running the stock 3:27's for now.... future is going to 3:73. Is it really wearing the hell out of my engine? I have noticed some power loss in it lately.

• Sponsors (?)

Nah, it's not going to hurt the engine one bit running it at those RPMs for long periods of time...For example, I have 4.10's in my car and I turn right around 3000rpm at 80mph and I've driven from Missouri to South Carolina a couple times at that RPM...

These cars love low gears, don't waste your money on 3.73's...4.10's or lower is the norm for them and really wakes them up...A lot of people have 4.30's and even 4.56's, and I have a set of 4.56's waiting to go in...

We moved up here to Wisconsin from Missouri several years ago and do go back quite often during the year. I was kind of concerned with the 4:10's due to the length of the drive plus if I dont find a used 03 or 04 sitting on the lot somewhere Im gonna get pissed and move towards the twin 57'mm turbos on this one. I dont think 4:10's would do good with twin turbos.