255/40/17....sidewall too small thin??????

hotrodnut said:
Well, springs went in at the same time so exact is kinda hard to say.
Here's a picture of the X2 (left) vs stock (right), you can get an idea of how much difference from this:
balljointsmalltr5.jpg

wheres the 'spacer' on it that you can take out? or does it come out and you have to put it in?

Attachments

• balljointsmalltr5.jpg
    balljointsmalltr5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 43
  • Sponsors (?)

fiveoho said:
wheres the 'spacer' on it that you can take out? or does it come out and you have to put it in?
The spacer rings go in the spring pearch over the upper end of the spring (frame side). The X2 ball joint actually spaces the lower control arm further away from the upright where the balljoint mounts to it. The bottom of the spring is mounted into the lower control arm, therefore increasing the distance where the spring actually is cradled. If you were to use the spacer then that increase in distance is no longer there. That is how it lowers the car some more when the spacer is left out.

fiveoho said:
how many inches are you dropped front and rear?

also, got any pics of the car...especially from a front side 3/4 angle?

I have the FRPP B series springs, so the drop is around 1.25" in the front and 1" in the rear. Here is an old picture taken just after I installed the springs. The car has since settled an additional 3/8" or so.

22064.jpg

S/CBlack95GT said:
I have the FRPP B series springs, so the drop is around 1.25" in the front and 1" in the rear. Here is an old picture taken just after I installed the springs. The car has since settled an additional 3/8" or so.

22064.jpg

the 255/40s look good on your ride....maybe i should stick with em