255/50/17 fit?

• Sponsors (?)

We put 255/50r17 tires on 17x9 cobra r wheels with a +20mm offset. They fit perfectly with no clearence problems. They came out to the very edges of the top of the fenders but didn't go past. Looked very mean.

06GT said:
erm.... well no, it doesn't tell me what will fit the Mustang wheel well and what won't.. (which was my question :rolleyes: )

:shrug: Sure answered my questions on tire size and the impact on the car when I was out looking - I did some comparisons on that site then asked the techs at the ford dealer....

I've got the BFG G-Force KDWS on my stock rims and they fit perfectly. They give a bigger bulge to the sidewall, more tread surface and no clearance problems at all.

Great thanks. I thought 255/50/17 is very very close to the stock tire sidewall height, but it's good to know the extra width clears everything in the front fine..
When I get the new Stangy, that will be my first mod on the stock rims.

Those look nice Adrenal..
Only thing I don't like about the new Stang is the 235/55 tires...
that's the way to go if you don't want to buy new rims..which I don't. I love
those stock rims you have .

BrianH said:
Those look nice Adrenal..
Only thing I don't like about the new Stang is the 235/55 tires...
that's the way to go if you don't want to buy new rims..which I don't. I love
those stock rims you have .

I did not want to replace the rims. I think they go well with the retro theme. The Fuzion ZRi's are listed as summer tires, but the spec sheets indicate they perform well in the rain too. Tire rack is offering them for $103 right now. That's a lot cheaper than some of the competitors. They also have a wear rating of 320 which is pretty good.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Fuzion&model=ZRi

GTYUP V8