Progress Thread 25thmustang's Progress Pics

Primed the jambs today... sand and then paint/clear them tomorrow, then its time to finish the motor and brakes, get the dash in and off to paint. Cant fuggin wait!

510784_363_full.jpg

510784_364_full.jpg

510784_365_full.jpg

510784_366_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I am doing the colors from the chop, and Nissan Bronze Gold Metallic for the bottem, and Mercedes Black for the top...

The jambs and car will and are being professionally done. Jambs by a local friend who does great work, and has good tools, and the body is being done by a shop in their booth! Tomorrow morning we get color and clear, and I finish buying the rest of the brake parts!

Nice to see people actually looking. I LOVE looking at progress threads, never really had one!

I'm getting excited too! I love seeing cars come together, especially with the paint. I think that painting your car is the most rewarding thing that you can do. It makes you fall in love with it even more and inspires you to keep going until you've got it just the way that you want it. Keep the pic's coming.:nice:

I'm not lying when I say I have butterflies in my stomach. hahaha I just may be spraying my car in a 40 ft tall booth this summer if this job Im lining up goes well! What kinda paint are you gonna be using?

Yeah I have never had a car thats been painted, not even in the family. It should be pretty exciting tomorrow when the color and clears down! I think I will be happy, but when I get the wheels and tires on it, and get it out of the shop, thats when it will hit me!

For now the light at the end is dim as hell, but its there!

Paint was supposed to be put down today, and I said no... :o

My reason, was we painted the stuff you see hanging in those pics, with a one stage Nissan green color for my friends Mini Truck, and some kick panels for a $100,000 1960 Vette. The stuff was not really drying, and the metal flake in the green was actually running out of the paint. Because of that I decided to wait till tomorrow, get some big heaters and get the room up to 75+ degrees (probably 60-65 with a metal temp lower than that)!

Motor is about 98% done, just needs some stuff buttoned up...

Heater box is in, next up is the dash :( which Im dreading...

Ebrake stuff is out, new stuff should go in soon, as well as the final touches to the brakes...

Jambs I decided I will paint on Saturday. We werent able to get it warm enough for my liking, and the temps are going to come up around here in the next week. I decided I want to paint it, because my painter did some parts here at my house and there were a few runs, and mistakes that I would like to avoid, or at least only be able to blame myself for!

No pics, but I might toss a few on tomorrow!

Motor is about 98% done, just needs some stuff buttoned up...

Heater box is in, next up is the dash :( which Im dreading...

Ebrake stuff is out, new stuff should go in soon, as well as the final touches to the brakes...

Jambs I decided I will paint on Saturday. We werent able to get it warm enough for my liking, and the temps are going to come up around here in the next week. I decided I want to paint it, because my painter did some parts here at my house and there were a few runs, and mistakes that I would like to avoid, or at least only be able to blame myself for!

No pics, but I might toss a few on tomorrow!

:nice: sweet!!! dont worry the dash isnt as hard as you may think. just takeeee your time and you will be just fine :nice:

Yeah I wish it was AM Hotrod minus the fact I hate Boyd. This stuff all looks alright, but Im sure after a summer of driving it will be nasty looking once again! Ill try to keep it looking good, but its hard for a car I plan to drive as much as possible!

haha i think everyone hates boyd.....he is such a bastard! Keep it up, that thing is going to look brand new by the time your done with it! Its amazing how easy foxes are to work with! I love it!

Its funny you mention that... I was really unmotivated last night. My door jambs keep getting pushed back and pushed back and to me thats the begining to the transformation. When that paint is layed down it will feel like its really happening for me, and everytime I hit a wall and they dont get done, I just want to quit working on it. I ended up online, looking at other cars and for some reason felt motivated. Got in the shop around 9 and left around 2. I know exactly what you mean by inspiration, others working on there cars get me inspired to finish mine.

I have a nice bet with my dad. He gave me 10 working days to get the brakes done, engine running, and dash in. The engine is almost there after one working day. My friend is coming to help with the dash on Wed night, and hopefully another friend to help on Fri night with the brakes. My personal goal is to have the 10 day deadline met in 5, but dont tell my dad that, :D.

Got the dash in more or less, with some pics of that later. Got the jambs re taped, now they are wax and degreased and scuffed. Compressor is up to air pressure, and the room is taped off and up to maybe 75-80 degrees. Going to eat some wings when they get here, and then down there to paint, tape, paint, and clear the jambs! All the pics from today will be posted later!

Stay Tuned...