Progress Thread 25thmustang's Progress Pics

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah its me and 2-3 other cars coming from CT. Then meeting in Jersey with you guys, and then cruise to MB... Needless to say if last year is any precrusor it should be an awesome trip. We are going to let the slow cars pick the fights first and then let the faster cars have their fun... :D

Thanks for the replys guys. I am just using bondo, and icing over the top of it. I am trying to keep it thin, but I did a nasty job years ago welding, and I am paying for it now. My first body filler job never cracked in those few years, so Im praying it will be alright. I plan to actually do the bay right in a couple years when a new motor gets built.

i talked to the better half and she's all for it! do you guys have hotel rooms already reserved?

Cant wait to see it done :nice:

I stay at a house, but Im sure the other guys are starting to reserve them at least...

Thanks Manson, this is NOWHERE near as nice as yours, but I also plan to change comboes in a year or two, and not sure how the engine bay is going to be. When the battery goes out back, and the new motor goes in I will rip out the old sides to the bay and redo them, but for now it works!

My friends are going to WFC I believe and gave me the invite, but I cant make it. Carlisle would be a good time! Mustang Week is definately an awesome time. Hundreds of Mustangs acting stupid, awesome weather, insane women, beaches, clubs, bars, oh yeah and more Mustangs!!! :D

Should have painted bay pics in an hour or so, :D

Some of the guys from the LMMC are going to WFC and want me to go, but I won't unless we can find a 2-car trailer and split the driving duties between me and another. I'm not driving that distance twice, no thanks.

PICS... now the lighting in our garage is making it look greenish. The color is Bronze Gold Metallic found on Nissans from maybe the late 90s through now. It is very similar to Mineral Grey and when wet doesnt look very close, but as its been drying it has been lightening up. I miiight clear it today, but it is a single stage paint. I really just want enough material to cut and buff it to look really nice...

Also is a pic of the MC and booster that I painted!

510784_343_full.jpg

510784_344_full.jpg

510784_345_full.jpg

510784_346_full.jpg

510784_347_full.jpg

510784_348_full.jpg

510784_349_full.jpg

510784_350_full.jpg

510784_351_full.jpg

510784_352_full.jpg

Thanks guys and yes do it. Although getting to the bolts sucks (I had the dash out, so it was pretty simple) if you have patience it is worth it. This stuff is crazy though, when you think you have done a lot of work, there are still 45 things you have to mask, sand and paint. The actual paint will look good but it all has flaws. I dont have the patience myself to do it perfect, so this will have to do. I just want to drive the damn car, its been coming on a year and a half now!

Sadly I am... I would do it with a gun and base/clear, but I just want to rush and get it done. I am not doing the paint, a shop is, so that will be right, but this is how I will be doing the bay!

My camera guy is already excited to shoot the car after seeing pics... Cant wait for the first photoshoot!

no i applaud how nice its coming out!!! my DD is a beater hard core and i think im going to attempt to paint it with shaker cans just as kinda a joke but ill make it look the best i can! i plan on buying abunch of cans from like an autozone and painting it, then buying a decent clear and clearing it with a gun. i figure if its kinda dull the clear will shine it up after i wetsand/buff!

awesome job man :nice: