275/40/17 front and 315/35/17 rear: What mods are needed?

• Sponsors (?)

I think the biggest determining factor is the ride height.

The 275's will fit, but you might get some tire rub in the fenderwell.

As for the 315's, you may need to remove the quad shocks but I can not say for sure. Maybe searching for threads on 315 tires will yield more results.

I don't know about the fronts, but I had to remove the quad shocks and massage inside the rear wheelwell with a big hammer when I put my 315 35 17 Sumitomos on. They were rubbing in several places. Car is not lowered. I didn't need to roll the fenders though, and I just took the hammer to the areas where I could see it rubbing. Took 5 minutes.

It also depends on what the backspacing is on the tires. I have a set of 17x10.5 with 315's on and I had to beat on the rear wheel well some in a couple of spots. The tire itself fits, but it can rub as the suspension flexes. Install and drive for a bit, but you;ll have to take off the wheels to "adjust" the wheel well in a couple of spots.

Not sure about the quad shocks as I had removed them before I got the tires.

I just flipped the quad shocks. That took 5 minutes on each side. I had to "clearance" the exhaust pipe, a little. I used the method that Chythar used. Took 5 minutes. One side only. I have 10x10.5 w/ Sumitomo's.

In all cases, it took longer to jack the car and remove the wheel than to actually effect the modifications.

So basically the answer is PROBABLY... As my coute is 100 miles and I won't have much time before it other than to install the tires (no time to install, drive 10 miles, massage). Can any of you fine gents take pics or sketch where you had to massage. I will probably pre-massage my car...

I would just remove the quad-shocks, go get your new tires/rims, and drive home. The areas where my car rubbed weren't sharp or jagged(nothing that would damage the tire) and only made contact when going in or out of a parking lot. My stock exhaust cleared both tires with a 1/2" to spare. When you get home, remove the tires and rims, and take a hammer to the areas that are shiny and knock them in a little.
Obviously you will want to take a look under there before you drive away, but you should be fine. I tried reversing my quad shocks, and the tires would fit without rubbing, but one of my quad shocks rattled, so I took them off. Two years, 30,000 miles later, and no issues with the wide "meats" at all.
Enjoy your new purchase!

I took my quad shocks off in the rear, also had to bang in the inner fenderwell some. In the front I used to rub until i put on 03 cobra arms now it never rubs. I probably would recommend against the 275 in the front. They pull like crazy and sometimes its annoying to drive.