275/40...will it fit?

• Sponsors (?)

yes, but alot of people tend to disagree of a 275 on an 8" rim....i'm doing them same size on mine (with 275 on stock 04 gt wheel) but sticking with teh stock size up front since they seem to be the same height.

i got some bf goodrich kdws's on them now pretty shot....but i can make two good ones for fronts and wanted to run something bigger out back since those wheels must be replaced...i think i found some good prices on nittos and wanted to try them out...till i get my 18" saleens!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

will a 275/40 fit on a stock tri-bar wheel? and will that wheel size be about the same profile height as a 255/45 on the front?

I run those sizes on m '98 Cobra rims, which are the same size as the tribars. The sidewall height is pretty much the same, you can't tell by looking at it from the side that they're different tire sizes. The 255/45's are a few milimeters taller than the 275/40's, but you'd have to be the most anal person in the world to notice the difference.

I run those sizes on m '98 Cobra rims, which are the same size as the tribars. The sidewall height is pretty much the same, you can't tell by looking at it from the side that they're different tire sizes. The 255/45's are a few milimeters taller than the 275/40's, but you'd have to be the most anal person in the world to notice the difference.

ok cool ...i think i will pick a set up then a try em out...cool

The speedo will actually still be right on with 275/40's compared to the stock 245/45's. I went to miata.net I believe. They have a calculator their. I think the 275's ran like 0.1 mph different at 60. The 275's are the same height just a hair wider. And they fit a 8'' wheel fine. I have a set ready to go on mine.