275's on turbines???

• Sponsors (?)

I'd get yourself some weld rims or some other type of rim. I have 275 mickey thompson drag rd's on my draglites. Easy putting them on you just have to take the quad shocks off and get some upper and lower control arms, then just bang the bender well in a little so it doesnt rub the tire. Other then that its easy and looks badass. Heres mine
DSC05820.sized.jpg

The widest I would go on a rim that size (7") would be 245... And that would be pushing it if you like to drive on the street in my opinion.

The quad shocks control wheel hop in the rear end. Most people can flip the shock 180 degrees to gain the proper clearance. If you remove the quad shock you would need to replace your rear lower control arms with some good aftermarket pieces.

maverick0716 said:
I have 235/60/15's MT ET Street Radials on my 15x7 10 holes.....they fit the wheel perfectly therefore giving me the best contact patch for that size wheel. Also it's very close to the same OD as the stock tire, so no gear ratio loss.

That's the way to go on a 15x7. I put a 265/50R15 on the back of my old turbines just to see how it would run, OMG did it suck. The car was hardly drivable.

maverick0716 said:
I have 235/60/15's MT ET Street Radials on my 15x7 10 holes.....they fit the wheel perfectly therefore giving me the best contact patch for that size wheel. Also it's very close to the same OD as the stock tire, so no gear ratio loss.

What kind of difference did they make compared to the regular 235's?? Completely diff? Which MT's are they? Thanks...

I had my 275-50-15 BFG Drag Radials on ten holes for a year or so and they worked fine. I have cut rear springs, and I did finally roll the right rear fender lip in to keep it from rubbing on corners and launches.

With stock springs should be no prob. I did not have the quad shocks, so that was not a prob.

allballsmustang said:
What kind of difference did they make compared to the regular 235's?? Completely diff? Which MT's are they? Thanks...

My regular street tires are 245/50/16. I use 235/60/15 drag radials at the track. They're actually the same size (if not bigger for the drag radials) even though. For a good comparison consider my experience...With the street tires, rolling out at idle, I can blow the tires off through 1st, 2nd, and get a good bark out of 3rd. With the drag radials warm with just regular driving (no burnout), I can launch at 2000 rpm and get a tiny bit of spin, but then it just takes off....huge difference.

maverick0716 said:
My regular street tires are 245/50/16. I use 235/60/15 drag radials at the track. They're actually the same size (if not bigger for the drag radials) even though. For a good comparison consider my experience...With the street tires, rolling out at idle, I can blow the tires off through 1st, 2nd, and get a good bark out of 3rd. With the drag radials warm with just regular driving (no burnout), I can launch at 2000 rpm and get a tiny bit of spin, but then it just takes off....huge difference.

I think that sounds the best of all the advice i got b/c i really dont want to beat my car with a hammer just to get the tires on...im more concerned with traction than looks...