2800cc V6 vacuum system question

eaglecap

Jul 31, 2000
The 2800 V6 (1975, 4-speed with A/C)has a unit mounted in the front center of the engine where the heater and radiator hose connect. It also has the temp sensor and three vacuum control units. Two of the units have three ports and one has two. I am doing a rebuild after 10 years of sitting in the garage. Anyone know how to test these units. I put them in boiling water to see if they acted differently and nothing changed. Suspect I need more pressure than I can deliver by mouth. I know one of the three port units needs replace since it leaks from the body. BTW the two three port units are different part numbers. D5Z3-A2A and D0AE-E. The two port is D3?E-A7A

Secondary--anyone have a vacuum diagram for a 1975 V6. It would be helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

You can check a Haynes or Chilton manual for some of the vacuum connections but I don't think you'll find a complete diagram for the engine compartment. I've been looking for a vacuum diagram for a 78 stock 302 for over a year and haven't found one yet.

Do not buy the vacuum diagrams listed on ebay out of Maryland. They do not cover all the vacuum sources under the hood. They do cover the a/c and heat vacuum hoses.

Our best bet is to find a II owner on this board that wouldn't mind tracing the complete vacuum sources from a factory 78 302, C4 and 75 2.8, 4-speed II.

Some one on a different forum was nice enough to send me some hand drawn pics of the V6 vacuum system. He was in Hungary, go figure. Nice of him to oblige though.

That's cool that someone from Hungary sent you your vacuum hook-ups.

Maybe I can get my vacuum source from a former Nazi or Gestapo agent. Heh-heh.

Unaffortunately a large majority of our stateside cars have had the vacuum system tampered with or removed. Makes it real hard to find a true 'original' unscathed system.

Would you mind posting that diagram for some of us to see?

Here is the rough drawing of the 1975 V6 vacuum system as requested. Thanks to Ronto Zoltan. There are 4 smaller diagrams that break this one down but I just found out I am limited to two attached files so I could not send them along.

Attachments

• vac1.jpg
    vac1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 118