281 HP & Stuck -- Suggestions please ??

Pops Fun

10 Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi,
Seem to be stuck at 281rwhp, really want over 300rwhp but, don't want to use nitrous and a Vortech is way to expensive, :shrug: are there any mods I am missing ?? Not dynoed since I put a Catted H-pipe on figure 10 more HP making 291rwhp getting close??

Lowered (Eibach 52/94), Cold Air Kit
Under Drive Pullies,
Ford 3.73 Gear
Steeda Tri-Ax
Flowmaster Exhaust
Tokico Shocks & Struts
Mac Shorty Header
TFS TW Heads -- ported
Steeda 19 Cam
FMS Intake -- ported
FMS 65mm T/B
Pro-M 75MM MAF
Steeda 24# injectors
H&S 1.72 Roller Rockers
MSD 6al & Blaster coil
Walbro 255 LPH
Timing chain and Gear
Catted H pipe
Edited ..
Mac cold air kit
Custom Chip
Frame Connectors
5-speed

http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.steveh/mustang/dyno2.html

281 RWHP 300 RWTK

Pops Fun

• Sponsors (?)

maybe try some longtubes, and if going back into the motor is an option get a custom cam. has anyone dynoed the afs with an off the shelf grind, just wondering what HP diff. the custom cam would create

just a thought

jason

mytight95 said:
maybe try some longtubes, and if going back into the motor is an option get a custom cam. has anyone dynoed the afs with an off the shelf grind, just wondering what HP diff. the custom cam would create

just a thought

jason

Hi,
Thought of a custom cam .... wonder how much difference in HP is in a cam change?

i dont know you might can find someone with the afr's and an off the shelf cam and compare their dyno #'s etc. to those of say KillerCanary, and see what the diff. is

jason

tell the guy to do the dyno in 3rd gear---------lol that should put you over 300

I just noticed something on your dyno chart, it seems to still be climbing at 5500, where it looked like they shut it down, maybe you need a higher flowing intake such as the edelbrock performer rpm, I would also say that the cam in your car (as i said b4) isn't large enough i don't think to make those heads shine. If you bought a tweecer, and a really large cam ( hence the tweecer) you could get very good driveability, and pick up your power possibly more than you needed to hit 300

jason

READ this months 5.0
Long tubes will NOT get him any closer to 300 (well maybe 1 or 2 HP)
How about a matching cam, like the TFS Stage 1.

In reality, there are very few guys around here with 94/95's that have dynoed over 300 without blower or NOS. Killer's car is Killer and he's not at 300.

I would say Keep your mods, get them working the best they can for your setup, and just work on driving. I would rather be running under 12.5 with under 300 HP then have 325 and just crack into the 12's.

RC

94GTLaserRC said:
READ this months 5.0
Long tubes will NOT get him any closer to 300 (well maybe 1 or 2 HP)
How about a matching cam, like the TFS Stage 1.

In reality, there are very few guys around here with 94/95's that have dynoed over 300 without blower or NOS. Killer's car is Killer and he's not at 300.

I would say Keep your mods, get them working the best they can for your setup, and just work on driving. I would rather be running under 12.5 with under 300 HP then have 325 and just crack into the 12's.

RC

Well you are probably right.... :D just enjoy and practice my launches, the car does run strong and is fun and I guess that is what life is about having FUN! Numbers don't mean that much, just was set on being over 300rwhp... Thought there might be something simple that I was missing to get me there..

Pops Fun

dont spend a fortune changing anything yet, (like the cam especially for a TFS1 bad idea).

Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning. Maybe a better intake, if anything as far as hard parts.
It should put out a bit more power and hopefully the magic # but who knows.

youve got to be running better than a 14.7 @97 though,

94GTLaserRC said:
READ this months 5.0

RC

Are you saying that cause our cars are 94-95, that is some kind of reason for us not to be able to hit the 300 RWHP mark?

Later
Grady

Take the bend off the MAC cold air kit. Bolt the air filter onto the meter and connect the meter to the short peice coming off the throttle body. That should give a few HP. Off road pipe over the cats would get you there. When emission come then put the catted pipe back on until the test is over.