285s on a 9" wheel?

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
Will that work? 285/35/18 or 285/40/18 mabye. Cerious so I can look ahead for my next setup. I want wider in the rear then the front right now im at 265 all around.

Dont have to read this big paragraph below if you dont want, but it explains why I didnt get 18x10 in the rear like I really wanted.

Im running 265/35/18 all around, I wanted to go wider in the rear but the BFG GFORCE KDs only come in 265 and 295 in 35 series and I wanted to try these tires out. I was going to go 10" in the rear but the offset is totally setup for the 99+ mustangs with these roush rims (its like +43mm or somthing stupid, most 10" are around 27mm) so it would be a bitch to get them to fit in well without rubbing on the inner suspension, yes I could add a spacer but then it would rub on the outer fender. I was kinda disapointed that I couldnt get a 10" rim to fit with ease on the rear, I could of flipped my quad shocks, reloacted my ebrake bracket, and added a spacer to push them out but then I would face a problem of the tire sticking out of the fender, or the chance of it rubbing on the edge of the fender. I didnt want to bother messing around with everything and taking the risk so I ended up getting 18x9 all around. I think ill go with a diffrent tire next time, run 265s up front and mabye 285s out back.

• Sponsors (?)

I run 265 up front and 275 out back.. 35 series, both on 9" wheels.. Tires are BFG G force sports..Fitment on a 9" wheel is perfect..the 26 sits just even with the wheel lip, and the 275 buldges over the wheel lip almost a 1/2" or so. Any wider and the tire would buldge over, making for a unmatched fit that would be noticable. The difference from a 265 to 275 is roughly 3/4" width difference, from what I can tell. Then agian, each tire manufacture differ in size, so this would only apply to BFG tires, if you want to get technical about it..

juiced_94gt said:
my 10" rear boyd coddington's dont rub at all, and i run 295 35 18 michellin pilots

Is your offset +43mm on your 10" wheels?

Thats why I can only run the roush 9" wheels.

He has a point about the 17" wheel...I still think I might be able to get by. Im sure someone on here has it on their car right now?