290 Rwhp Possible with my combo???

tbird187

Founding Member
May 29, 2002
Indiana
Hoping I know its a long shot but im hoping around 280+ rwhp out of my combo..

is in sig but ill list it anyways...

rebuilt 95 302
ported e7's to felpro gaskets
ported explorer intake
f303 camshaft
1 3/4 equal length headers
2.5" o/r x pipe
2.5" mac cat back
cold air intake.
timing set to 16 degrees btdc
this is a t5 tranny

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on what you do to the E7s. With just ported heads I highly doubt 290, but larger valves, a valve job, and milling them, with the rest of the parts you listed is very possible. My unported E7s with valves and a valve job put down 272 rwhp with a stock cam, and an unported Cobra intake! With the right set up E7s can make good power!

if your intake and heads are just "hogged out" and your running 1 3/4" headers I say you will be lucky to make 230hp! Just making the runners bigger on heads, intake and using bigger headers doesnt mean anything! It all has to be matched up. Combination, combination, combination! I wish you luck, and not trying to be negative....but that is just the way it is.

I have a buddy in Georgia and here is what he sent me the other day........pretty good for a stock cam and unported GT-40's dont ya think!

Well I got the F/S car on the dyno Saturday, and came up with 315hp/ 352 torque. The temp was 88 degrees ( it had rained and cooled down) but the humidity was 76 %, all the heat was rising up. The first pull I was super rich and made 300, then I leaned it out and got the 315. I could still stand to be a little leaner because I would like to get to 13to1 Air fuel but I was low 12's to high 11's. I think with my air fuel flattened out where I need it, it might get to 320 something and maybe 330. I did'nt think that was to bad for a stock cam:)) The dyno operator seemed a little surprised I think
Jack

I know a few FS racers and the power they have made and some have seen up over 320 rwhp with stock cams, but DONT be fooled by the term unported, and stock...

The heads have a TON of work done to them, the cams are degreed, the bottem ends are lightweight and zero balanced, some of these motors run $25,000+. My dad has a simple NMRA spec motor, with GT-40Ps, and a stock bottem end, the heads have been angle milled to 52cc's, good valve job, larger valves and cerdi cut, better springs, soon to probably have titanium retainers and such, as well as rockers. His car is probably right around 300 rwhp, and has been 12.25 @ 112 on radials. F/S cars are really hard to compare with street comboes, but the truth is if they can do it, so can anyone else!

I think you may be a little optimistic aswell. I have what i consider stock heads...i call them lightly worked e7's which means a nice 3 angle valve job, comp cams springs, CC 1.6 rockers, CC keepers/retainers, hardened one-piece pushrods, and removed egr bumps. the rest of my combo is in my signature and im only looking for about 250 rwhp!!!!! (but im thinkin pessimistically and i dont have a tune yet) i dont think you are going to see anywhere above 225-235 rwhp at the dyno...sorry man.