294 rear wheel hp???

Strype

Cuthbert catcher
Founding Member
May 11, 1999
Huntsvegas, AL
Since my posts in 5.0 Talk have been locked, scrutinized, moved and/or deleted in the past, and being that they have ruffled feathers for one reason or another, I feel that I must give you the user a brief disclaimer before you continue...

Disclaimer:

Any views or opinions presented in this thread are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Stangnet.com. Users * of Stangnet.com are expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to infringe or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by email communications. Any such communication is contrary to Stangnet.com policy and outside the scope of the site usage of the individual concerned. Stangnet.com will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the user responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising.

This thread is meant to strictly adhere to Stangnet.com Terms of Service which can be found via the following link:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/685806-stangnet-terms-service.html

*User = noun, a person or thing that uses

StangNet.com
480 N Dean Rd Suite D1
Auburn, AL 36830

Stangnet.com is in conjunction with the following:

Drive9 Media
480 N Dean Rd Suite D1
Auburn, AL 36830

My 93 Notch iphone dynoed (yea it's a joke to me as well) at 294 hp to the wheels...

Really guys, the iphone apps tend to UNDER RATE the car. Yet, that 294 rear wheel hp seems a bit high for the following mods doesn't it?

1993 Mustang LX Notch
66,002 miles
5 speed
Stock 3.08:1 gears

B303 cam
GT40X305 Aluminum heads
BBK SSI intake
190 lph fuel pump
76mm C&L MAF
19lb stock fuel injectors
70mm Accufab Throttle Body
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers
2 1/2" MAC H-pipe
circa 1995 flowmasters
K&N air filter
Bypassed A/C
Bypassed Smog
Underdrive pulleys (why is that not "Pullies"?)

I've been doing this for a few years you could say... So what gives? I know the 93 had the hyper you tech tic pistons but I am guessing it was wrong and this car should really be posting some 260-275 hp numbers.

What I'm saying is, has anyone been surprised at the amount of hp their car put down? Is there a dyno near Huntsville, Alabama that anyone knows of? I want to be happy but I know it's gotta be wrong. I'll try and take it to the track soon to see, but the real reason I want to know is for my injector size. Anything over like 320hp at the motor (given a 20% drop at the wheels) and I need larger than 24lb injectors.

It's a pain to change injectors on a BBK SSI super duper intake so any help would be appreciated before I have to redo it twice :scratch:

Thank you and God Speed,
Strype
Stangnet Legal Dept.

• Sponsors (?)

I would get it dynoed at a real dyno then make a decision whether you think your combo is underrated or not.

MOB! Been awhile!:nice:

If this car is pushing 300 hp to the rear wheels with an h/c/i swap then I will officially in front of all of you on youtube eat my shorts.

But I honestly was striving for 270 at the wheels. Everything tells me that should be right. So WTH gives? I dont believe it per say, but if it is possible I don't want to lean the motor out because I darn sure can't afford the parts again.

MOB! Been awhile!:nice:

If this car is pushing 300 hp to the rear wheels with an h/c/i swap then I will officially in front of all of you on youtube eat my shorts.

But I honestly was striving for 270 at the wheels. Everything tells me that should be right. So WTH gives? I dont believe it per say, but if it is possible I don't want to lean the motor out because I darn sure can't afford the parts again.

Why can't it push 300 rwhp?

There are guys here with gt40p iron heads putting down 300 rwhp with similar mods. I would think it would be easier with 40x heads.

And if that number is real, I would definitely toss some 24's and a tune on.

Link to YouTube video when done.

Why can't it push 300 rwhp?

There are guys here with gt40p iron heads putting down 300 rwhp with similar mods. I would think it would be easier with 40x heads.

And if that number is real, I would definitely toss some 24's and a tune on.

Link to YouTube video when done.

Yea but wouldn't those guys be using electric fans, ported and polished heads, a brand new bottom end? I'm only running 18 lbs of oil pressure when it gets hot.

I'm starting to wonder about that app. I need to find a dyno near by. I don't believe there is one. I'm not driving or trailoring that car to Nashville or Birmingham either.

did they use a wideband on it when you dynoed it the first time? If they did and the AF ratio was good then you shouldnt be worried. I dont put any stock in dyno numbers, they really dont mean jack because there are so many variables that can affect them. Your ET and trap speed will give you a better idea of what the cars actually doing

did they use a wideband on it when you dynoed it the first time? If they did and the AF ratio was good then you shouldnt be worried. I dont put any stock in dyno numbers, they really dont mean jack because there are so many variables that can affect them. Your ET and trap speed will give you a better idea of what the cars actually doing

Dude it was an iphone app :rlaugh:

:bang:

294 is normal. Two friends cars with 5.0's make like 293 and 299. They both have similar mods. With N20 the one car is at around 375. Seems healthy.

Okay but I won't banana dance yet...

+1

If you race the car and you can get it weighed with you in it, you can use the weight and trap speed to get a reasonably close guess. Google "drag strip calculator".

Until I blow an axle or transmission doing this ^^^ :D

You have to remember to that your stock bottom end with a few miles on her is all loosened up and has little friction which improves horse power...kinda like a race motor is set up loose!:D

:nice:

Look what I found perusing the interwebs... Same heads and exact same setup except for intake and cam.
Some Dood said:
The alphabet cams have been around for a while, but they do work. I have an e-cam in my motor with my current set-up. I have FRPP GT40X305 heads, BBK shorty headers, off road x-pipe, 24# injectors, 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 1.6 scorpian roller rockers, typhoon intake, 190lph fuel pump, and 3.55 gears. This set-up dynos out at 290 rwhp and 317 rwtq. With drag radials my car will run 7.93 @ 86 mph in the 1/8th mile.

:shrug: