2nd FLUIDYNE RAD in 2 years LEAKING again?????

monte87

Founding Member
Feb 26, 2001
new york
Whats up guys-

I wanted to ask anyone of you running a FLUIDYNE RAD, has anyone ever had leaking problems??? This is the 2nd dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum FLUIDYNE rad that i have had, the first one leaked 2 months before the warranty expired and summit hooked me up with a new one, and now-Only 8 months later, Warranty expired-Of course and-Same damn fuggn problem. its always on the driver side lower area, just below the lower rad hose.

Please-let me know-your experinences,
Thanks alot-Anthony
:nice: :flag:
~SEMPER FI~

• Sponsors (?)

hey Black sun,

No kidd'N.... mine is wet on the lower bottom, not like leaking but wet, ya know. For like $400 that bitch shouldnt be leaking at all. Do you know of anyone who repairs aluminum rads well?
i called FLUIDYNE and asked them, they told me they dont fix them-They junk any bad ones, funny ****. Sad to hear that, Its like its expendable, not cool. hearing that makes me regret buying an aluminum rad, and especially a Fluidyne. Anyways-I must say, i have never had any problems in the years ive had cars with brass/copper units, the very first 2 aluminums-Both leaked. Totally not cool.

hit me back bro- Ant

I have the same rad but i have no issues yet and i've been running mine for two years

When i got it i had it pressure tested and it held ok it did show any weekness in the welds....

i guess i'll pay more attention to it from now on

Guys-

i didnt like the way she was talking, stating-Whenever Fluidyne gets warranty returns or problems with any radiators-They dont even attempt to repair them, They dont have a repair dept, or sub-contract anyone out... I was like WTF???They just simply toss them in the garbage, i was like well for $419-ya think they wouldnt leak, and why the hell-Do you have a warranty section on your website with all these rules and regualtions implicating returns, If it doesnt matter!!!
Then she went on and stated that race teams have there own welders and never retun rad's, blah, blah-Im no raceteam, Just your average guy who purchased there overpriced-busted ass product-Which honestly has let me down 2X in 2 years.... She also stated repairing the tubes, sections and fins is labor intense with welding and blah, blah....
I'll tell you if i can help anyone else, Dont buy a FLUIDYNE product just because of this, its like well-If your in the covered period of 1 year-Your ok, if not-Your screwed.

Just sad and my .02 cents.
Ant

Sorry that you are going through all that trouble. For 400+ bucks you would figure they have some sort of repair department. If not just to fix something but to find out why. Any good company that has a product always has some sort of customer repair department because that is where applied real world experience is... not in a lab with ideal envornments. Thank you for warding me from ever purchasing Fluidine.
Kevin

Sorry that you are going through all that trouble. For 400+ bucks you would figure they have some sort of repair department. If not just to fix something but to find out why. Any good company that has a product always has some sort of customer repair department because that is where applied real world experience is... not in a lab with ideal envornments. Thank you for warding me from ever purchasing Fluidine.
Kevin

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND BUY A REGULAR PEP BOYS GDI 3 CORE FOR $200 AND BE DONE WITH IT, NOTHIGN FANCY OR PRETTY AND IT GETS THE JOB DONE. THAT IS WHAT I SHOULDVE DONE, BUT DIDNT-AND I AM GONNA DO AND BE DONE. AT LEAST-I HOPE MY NIGHTMARE HELPS SOMEONE-PREVENTION IS KEY.

LATER ANTHONY

I have my stock radiator in and mine is leaking in the drivers side bottom corner. I haven't pin pointed where yet but its the same locaton but mines the stock radiator. I was thinking about getting a fluidyne but i'm not to sure anymore. :shrug:

I have my stock radiator in and mine is leaking in the drivers side bottom corner. I haven't pin pointed where yet but its the same locaton but mines the stock radiator. I was thinking about getting a fluidyne but i'm not to sure anymore. :shrug:

In all honesty, Save you hard earned cash and dont buy one. I was really surprised and let down-that they dont repair such an expensive piece. Its like-hey bring it to your local rad shop! hahah No fuggn way, I figured-i would spend the extra loot and have the makers of the rad repair it-The right way. ya know-Do somehting right the first time and you wont have to go back 5X. Well-Obviously that is out the window, because the Rad repair will only be as good as the guy repairing it and its aluminum-Which makes it a bit more complicated.
just totally bummed out and let down, Grant it-i was a fooled into buying it, think FLUIDYNE, the best out there, Dont buy the griifins because of the epoxied end tanks , Fluidynes are Mig/Tig welded-whatever weld it is-And mine leaks and soemone's Griffin doesnt. hahahah its hilarious! and all bull****.
Like i stated pep boys, GDI (Go Dan) and be done. that is what im dpoing this saturday. as a matter fo fact-I priced it already, It went up in price, GDI p/n# 433138 max cool 3 core rad. I'll buy the extended chrome cover and you wont ever see the top, No biggie. My stuff right now-is all polished and show shined-And LEAKING! hahahaa

Later Anthony

Glad I stumbled onto this thread.We run a TCI tranny w/10" 2800 stall convertor and a Vortech pushing 10PSI.

Last season the show car was at a constant 210 running a stock brass radiator with a proform electric fan.While the fan was fine in a stock enviroment it was no match for the blower,or added tranny heat.

I took out the proform and put in the police clutch fan over the weekend the car dropped 20 degrees and now stays at 185-190.

We were going to put in a Fluidyne,but after reading this not sure if I want to. What we'll do is toss a can of 40 below in with the stock radiator and the police fan clutch.I'll let you guys know how that combo works if you'd like.

Tony:flag:

I had the police fan clutch back in the day, pretty cool. But now-My set up is-

-EDELBROCK water pump
-Mark8 fan
-Fluidyne alumin piece of ****!!!!!
-70/30 mix w/ 2 bottles water wetter
-180 Mr. gasket T-stat (on the $$$)
With this set up-My car ran all day long in bumper to bumper traffic, 100 plus weather 185-No joke. and i have a set of March power and amp pullies on the car too, Just that i sprung a leak-that shouldnt be!!!!!!!!1 It irrtatinG!

Dude-Definietly let us know-How it goes.

Later Anthony

and thats with my 9 inch Edge 3000 stall and 4.10's, 28,000GVW tranny cooler.

Just thought about it again.I might hold off on the 40 below cuz I think we got it were it needs to be.

Don't want to run it to cool,and have other issues.But this set-up with these mods so far works awesome,and the police clutch fan's 109.00 much cheaper than and electric fan or a aluminum radiator.

It's also made to be less power robbing than a stock fan clutch.Sometimes the old mechanical stuff's the best stuff.:nice:

So I guess that there's a bit of concensus here that Fluidydine's are overpriced and not worth it?

As for me-i always liked the way they looked back in the day @ car shows, they stood out, They do cool like a mofo, but from my experinece they have a leaking issue after a shoirt amount of time-that doesnt warrant spending the $$$ on them. personally-Im would never-ever spend the $$$ that i did on them before-, i wouodnt even buy any type of aluminum rad again! because to me they are not as strong as they say they are, Well-Not for NYC roads which is like driving through Baghdad after a B52 caroet bombed it! I do believe that is waht-broke a weld, or tube or a bunch of fins, the shock and awe, constant jarring to the rad, who-Knows maybe the rubber supports are done underneath the rad. Im not sure-yet, Have ripped the bitch out and inspected it yet. Saturday will tell.

Later Ant:nice: :flag:
~SEMPER FI~