2V PRICES IN 5 YEARS?????

I love the look of the new edge stangs....but they have been dropping in price a clean 01 vert just sold by me with 23k miles on it for 11k......the real problem I see with these cars is the lack of power and the amount of money it takes to get them to go fast.....not to mention how hard it is to work on them......a simple h/c/i swap on a fox and your moving....a 2v car the labor involved..the parts cost more...a tune...etc...pricey stuff

• Sponsors (?)

......the real problem I see with these cars is the lack of power and the amount of money it takes to get them to go fast.....not to mention how hard it is to work on them......a simple h/c/i swap on a fox and your moving....a 2v car the labor involved..the parts cost more...a tune...etc...pricey stuff

You'll get to 300hp in a PI headed 2V car a lot sooner and cheaper than you would a Fox body? :shrug:

You'll get to 300hp in a PI headed 2V car a lot sooner and cheaper than you would a Fox body? :shrug:

Thing is for most old school racers an OHC engine is very intimidating. Obviously we know better but even I didn't want anything to do with my stock engine for the first year. I agree it's easier to make 300RWHP with a 4.6 over the 5.0 but both with full interior have a good 200-300lb weight difference.

Another comparison might be the LT1 and late 80's/early 90's SBC 305/350's that pale in comparison to the LS1 era. Even in great shape they aren't really worth anything.

Best quote yet. Bad as I hate to admit it, in the era of the new modular 5.0's, we are all just a bunch of poor LT1 guys with smaller windshields, a lot less cackle, and without the humiliation of a bowtie adorning the front of our rides. :nonono:

Thing is for most old school racers an OHC engine is very intimidating. Obviously we know better but even I didn't want anything to do with my stock engine for the first year. I agree it's easier to make 300RWHP with a 4.6 over the 5.0 but both with full interior have a good 200-300lb weight difference.

I don't understand why people are scared to work on the 4. 6its simple to work on and timing the thing is simple too

I personally feel that the New Edge cars will increase in value substantially by the time they are old enough to fix up as classics. They will forever be remembered as the last, and arguably best looking bodystyle Mustang of this era before the current muscle-car market went "retro" crazy.

As for Foxes, they are popular and have a big aftermarket because they are (flamesuit ready) a dime a dozen. You can pull any s***box Fox car out of a junk yard, throw a lil money at it and have a fast car for next to nothing. You don't see as many SN95 platforms because they are newer and havent had as much time to get ragged out and forgotten so that one day Joe Mechanic can drag it to the 1320.

Granted, there are a few exceptions, like the lighter weight of the fox, and the "cheaptogofast" nature that only pushrods could provide. And in general while they are older, they are much like Jeep's XJ Cherokees in a sense. Sure they are a dime a dozen, and sure most of them have taken a beating, but in the end it is a proven platform that gets the job done, without breaking the bank (modular cars are quite the opposite, at least for the time being).

As for the cars that will hold value, here's my take, and I'm going to have to agree with Kilgore. As far as the SN platform goes, I don't see your run of the mill GT's going for anymore that your typical hatch LX Fox goes for nowadays.

Cobra, Bullitt, Saleen, Anniversary, Etc. cars will always be worth a little more, and of course the super low mileage all original cars will stand out as well.

I think that by the time my generation (I'm currently 21) finds themselves midway through their 40's, the SN95 platform modular cars will prove themselves to be a worthwhile car to have in your garage.:nice:

*side note: i just hit 200 posts, and boy I just wrote a small novel*

I didn't say it was necessarily easier....but not exactly harder either. Like I said, heads and cams are more involved, but everything else is cake. Having the right tools for the job and a little patience is worth its weight in gold.

Spark plugs....about as easy at it gets for any vehicle.

Intake manifold and/or elbow swap....no fuss, no muss, no mess. Pull a few bolts and voila. Not to mention the composite intake isn't pistol hot for an hour after your turn the car off.

Accessories...about the same.

Manifolds....big PITA with a Modular.