2volt Impact Wrench

• Sponsors (?)

Never seen a 2 volt impact. Wouldnt think it could do the work. Ive seen the 12 volt ones...
:lol:

I think a 12 volt one would be ok if you got a decent brand. Ive seen them take off lugs on trucks, so a car with aluminum wheels should be fine. Dont get one from harbor freight. Get a Craftsman, Snap On, Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee, etc.

propellerhead said:
If you plan on hauling slicks to the track and change out your street tires before running, then I'd get it.

If you just want it to save a few minutes if you get a flat, I wouldn't bother. If you have to change a flat, you'll be there 20+ mins already anyway. A minute or two saved won't make a large difference.
This is for my wifes car. I'm looking for a 12volt lighter plug in type.(don't have to worry about charged batteries) I'm not looking to save time...my frickin' back is killing me and the stupid little lug wrench that came with my wifes car is good for gang war..that's about it. I'll probably just buy a good quality 4 way tire iron.

Yes they work pretty good, not quite like a "real" one. When you hit the trigger the electric motor spins freely to a certain rpm the the clutch engages so it kind of "jerky" when it is torqueing. When you first put the nuts on and there is no resistance it works like a drill driver.