3-2 port m/c conversion

ratrapp

Apr 24, 2004
buena vista,va
i would like to see pics of anybodys conversion as how the brake lines are routed.i'm waiting on my turbo coupe rear to arrive and i'm starting to gather parts up.i've already put the 73mm front calipers on,trying to find a m/c resevior and i'mgetting ready to buy the cap for the p/v and buy a wilwood adjustable valve.

• Sponsors (?)

I've done it and using Matt90GT's kit, it came out real nice, looks factory.

I used a 94-95 Mustang GT master cylinder and the brakes are excellent. You don't need to do anything different with the booster, the stock one is fine.

thanks jrichker i think i'll just buy matts kit.did you have any trouble finding a m/c resevour?i got a new m/c for a 95 gt but no resevour.you can't buy just a res. from ford you have to get the whole m/c .it's like $105 and there are no stangs in any of our local yards,any suggestions?thanks

Off of matts page. He's been very helpful. I plan on doing my conversion this weekend.

http://svo73mm.cjb.net/

3port_kit.jpg

Attachments

• 3port_kit.jpg
    3port_kit.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 308
ratrapp said:
thanks jrichker i think i'll just buy matts kit.did you have any trouble finding a m/c resevour?i got a new m/c for a 95 gt but no resevour.you can't buy just a res. from ford you have to get the whole m/c .it's like $105 and there are no stangs in any of our local yards,any suggestions?thanks

91-93 explorers. Those reserviors work.

Another alternative to Matt would be Maximum Motorsports. They sell 3-2 conversion kits and a couple different kinds of master cylinders. The kits cost about $10 more than Matts kit does though. Their MC's are all under $100 though. Also, don't forget about adding an adj prop valve and a plug to your old prop valve. MM has all that too.

thanks matt on the reservoir tip.i just ordered your 3-2port and rear brake adapters.my adjustable valve and p/v plug will be here friday.the guy finally shipped my rearend out today and said it would take 3-5 days to get here.now i'll try to find a reservour and i'll know what i'll be doing next weekend.