3.31 Rear Gears Anyone?

read what you wrote again, you said you made a lot of changes, not two changes. and yes going to 4.10s and shorter slicks did kill your top speed. the 28" slicks should have been used with the 4.10s, or the 26" slicks with the 3.73s.

for me changing gears/tires and weight is a lot of changes between passes lol... gotta remember what i work on. im use tune change then going back out or a shock change and going back out. 2 changes isnt normal. well i guss you could say it was more than just gears and tires. i also went from a aubrun diff and stock axles to a spool 31's had the housing straightened axle tubes welded in a jig with 9" ends and all that also. i didnt expect to lose 10mph. 100lbs out of the car should have picked up what ever i lost going from a radial to a bias ply tire
i was no where near tached out with 4.10's and 26's it just didnt pull.. didnt pull to the 60 or the 330. i was over .1 slower in the 60ft. alone.

gotta remember making cars go fast is something im not new too at all.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

for me changing gears/tires and weight is a lot of changes between passes lol... gotta remember what i work on. im use tune change then going back out or a shock change and going back out. 2 changes isnt normal. well i guss you could say it was more than just gears and tires. i also went from a aubrun diff and stock axles to a spool 31's had the housing straightened axle tubes welded in a jig with 9" ends and all that also. i didnt expect to lose 10mph. 100lbs out of the car should have picked up what ever i lost going from a radial to a bias ply tire
i was no where near tached out with 4.10's and 26's it just didnt pull.. didnt pull to the 60 or the 330. i was over .1 slower in the 60ft. alone.

go back to the 28" tall slicks and i bet you pick up that ten miles an hour.

I can't remember didn't you end up finding an issue(electrical maybe??) with the motor? Are you still planning on running the gt40 combo? I thought you were making some changes(other than the c4 that is).

go back to the 28" tall slicks and i bet you pick up that ten miles an hour.

since then

ive went to a C4 long tubes skinnys 24lb injectors opened the intake up more changes front struts... oh and 150 shot... basically im starting over with this combo for awhile.

I can't remember didn't you end up finding an issue(electrical maybe??) with the motor? Are you still planning on running the gt40 combo? I thought you were making some changes(other than the c4 that is).
yea i had an issue in the fuel tank with the ground wire to the pump at the rivet. also went back to a 190LPH pump over the SVTF pump.

im still looking for a windsor block to start on. the new heads are just way too big for a 302

since then

ive went to a C4 long tubes skinnys 24lb injectors opened the intake up more changes front struts... oh and 150 shot... basically im starting over with this combo for awhile.

yea i had an issue in the fuel tank with the ground wire to the pump at the rivet. also went back to a 190LPH pump over the SVTF pump.

im still looking for a windsor block to start on. the new heads are just way too big for a 302
What heads did you get? I missed something! Lol