3.5" tips?

• Sponsors (?)

sorry to confuse you, the tips are one piece clamped to the the muffler. Unlike the Mac that has connectors above the axle, that you can connect 3.5 tips too. The tips on my car connect to the muffler and are one piece welded in 3 sections. All I got is a *****ty carmera phone

I have a FlowMaster cat back with the crappy 2.5" tips that were not chrome, so I took the car to a muffler shop and they welded some 3" (might be 3.5" tips, I forget) tips on there. The tips are 18" long and to almost to the bend to go over the axle. Here is a pic:
rear_tire_.jpg

If you look close enough you can see where the weld is.
Here is side shot:
rear_side.jpg

You can see the welds where it connects to the 2.5" pipe.

viperos said:
the tips are on the catback... not the mufflers...

This confused me...The mufflers are in the catback making the tips behind the mufflers. The catback just refers to everything behind the cats. I might be missing the point of his question but, are you asking about 3 1/2" pipe from the muffler to the end of the tip?

Paul

ok, I'll just clarify what I understood so far... I got the idea that he has the H pipe... to flow tubes, to catback piping (the tubing after the flow tubes, that goes over the axle) to mufflers, w/ tips on the end of them, sticking out of his car...

-whereas my setup (and I believe all of us should have) h pipe to flowtubes, to mufflers, to catback tubing, to back of car w/ tips...

No his mufflers are the same place as everyone else (in front of the axels). This is getting a lot more confusing than it has to be. He just needs tips for the pipes. Cut them off weld them on. There is no reason for the 3.5 inch pipe to start at the mufflers and go all the way over the axel. Just get the 18" long 3.5" tips like 94cobrapace did. it's the easiest answer.

donjohn said:
dammmmmitt, i thought the flows with the 2.5 would be big enough but now that i paid the extra money to get stainless i'm not gonna cut them off :bs: what am i to do :(

I had the Mac catback with 2.5" stainless steel tips. The Mac tips went from over the axle all the way back. Just like yours, probably. I hated the pussified 2.5" pencil tipped tips so I bought 12" stainless steel rolled tips from Summit and had them welded on. Yes, the part where they are welded on isn't as pretty as the rest of it, but the part that is easily visible under the bumper cutouts looks badass. You have to get down low to see the part that was welded, but you see the tips under the bumper from anywhere.

It all comes down to $80 and I don't hate the way the skinny tips look under the bumper. Your call.