3.55 gears in the mach1 and 05 mustang

That shaker hood does little to nothing. I doubt it does much in the way of a "ram air" system, look at plumbing for it.

And bolting an (underrated) 305HP engine with a rev limiter close to 7000rpms to the other side of those 3.55's sure helps.

• Sponsors (?)

Well how are the mach 1's running so good with just 3.55's in the rear. Im know they have the shaker hood that gives them about 15 to 20 hp and a bigger cam, but are 3.55's really that good and i believe the 05 mustangs are coming with these gears as well. Most people are saying go with the 4.10's a few are saying go with the 3.73's, but it seems like 4.10's are the most popular. Im not going to run my car at the drag alot though, mostly to school and work. It is the only ride i have, but was thinking of getting a truck to keep the miles down. I only have 19,000 miles on my 02 stang and thats pretty good.Ididn't want to get a supercharger because they are so expensive but with gears, pullies, shifter, headers, and a chip i should be running mid to low 13's i believe.

pjdellenger80 said:
Well how are the mach 1's running so good with just 3.55's in the rear. Im know they have the shaker hood that gives them about 15 to 20 hp and a bigger cam, but are 3.55's really that good and i believe the 05 mustangs are coming with these gears as well. Most people are saying go with the 4.10's a few are saying go with the 3.73's, but it seems like 4.10's are the most popular. Im not going to run my car at the drag alot though, mostly to school and work. It is the only ride i have, but was thinking of getting a truck to keep the miles down. I only have 19,000 miles on my 02 stang and thats pretty good.Ididn't want to get a supercharger because they are so expensive but with gears, pullies, shifter, headers, and a chip i should be running mid to low 13's i believe.
Why do you keep asking the same damn questions!!! :bang:

WALLED LAKE, MI - Classic Design Concepts new Shaker Hood System is the latest upgrade in both performance and style available for your 1999 and newer Mustang GT. Designed to emulate the look of the original 1969/70 Mustang, the CDC Shaker system combines the Mustang's rich heritage with
today's technology to satisfy all Mustang enthusiasts. Using a cast
aluminum scoop, outside air is fed directly into the air box providing increased horsepower. With a freestanding air intake system using factory mounts, the components of the system flow with the natural movement of the engine and actually "shake".

Included in this system is an injected resin composite hood appliqué, which gives the stock GT hood a subtle yet aggressive new look. The hood appliqué also provides a finished "through the hood" opening that neatly conceals the hood cutout required during installation. The hood scoop is constructed of cast aluminum and finished with a black powder coat for improved durability. Under the hood, all components are made of a rigid, lightweight, high temperature injected thermoplastic with integrated water management. With all included hardware and step-by-step installation guide, the CDC Shaker System is sure to give your new Mustang the look and performance you desire.

Founded in 1990, Classic Design Concepts, Inc. is an original designer and manufacturer of unique restyling products of original equipment quality for the truck and automotive industry. For further information contact: Classic Design Concepts, Inc. 1880 W. West Maple Rd, Walled Lake, Mi 48390, (248) 624-7997 or www.classicdesignconcepts.com

Don't bother taking the time to look it up, there's nothing to find. Anything you find claiming performance benefits will most likely be biased because it will be the manufacturer trying to push their product.

dkshadow said:
Yeah seriously... PJDellenger, I guess you showed me the way!! CAI and KnN are proven to give me 20-30 hp!! I should order 5 of them then maybe I can trap 108 mph just like you do!! :worship: :hail2: :flag:

You are a idiot, i never said k&n gives you 15 more like 5, get your lil bitc@ azz out of the forums. :notnice:

pjdellenger80 said:
You are a idiot, i never said k&n gives you 15 more like 5, get your lil bitc@ azz out of the forums. :notnice:
dude, dkshadow knows what hes talking about...

i agree with him and jon jon.

shaker 0hp.

and if you knew how it worked youd understand why.

a shaker may have given a carbed car a few hp. but sorry it doesnt work that way on a 4.6efi