3:55 or 3:73 Which to use.

zadan

Sep 27, 2004
Maryland
I have a 1993 LX 5.0 Hatch. 180K on original motor.

Mods so far:
  1. Flowmaster American Thunder 40 Series
  2. BBG H-Pipe
  3. Dyna-mod
  4. Live-wires
  5. K&N Filter

Was told by a few friends to go with gears to get that rip off the running start for mild street racing. What gears would suit this setup? 3:55's or 3:73s? Be honest with me, my wallet can take it. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I say go with 373's...they are a good all around gear for a daily driver...that is what I have and I can "rip off the running start"...

Good Luck w/ your decison...

zadan said:
3 out of 3 for the 3:73s. I'm sold. :) Thanks for your input guys and the quick response. Don't worry I'm new to this so look forward to many more posts.

Thanks again,
Tom

Don't worry...someone will come in here and say "don't fear the gear" and go with 430's :rolleyes:

I think you will be happy with 373's...

Do you got a shop to do the gear install?...it can be tricky...

Alright cool...yeah I've seen both those...it just wasn't clicking...

I was thinking you meant dyno-mod...?

But again go with 373's or 355's...both are very nice improvements from stock...

zadan said:
I haven't tried yet, but they claim you can advance the timing up to 14 with no detonation. That should shake things up a bit.

Some cars are different...some like 12* and some like 14* (keep it advancing it up until you hear pinging and then back it back down until you get no pinging...you'll need to change your gas to 93 octane though...