3.73s, 3.90s, or 4.10s?

Iwvustang

Founding Member
Dec 12, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
I am thinking of getting a new set of gears as one of the first mods for my Cobra, and was thinking of going with either the 3.73s, 3.90s, or 4.10s and was wondering if you all had any opinions on the matter. I really only do highway driving when I am traveling, so that is not a big problem, though the car is used as a daily driver. I am really only concerned with whether there are any drivability issues.

• Sponsors (?)

well i have 410s in my 99, and i was worried before i put them in, and i was shocked because after a few days, it just feels stock again. you really get used to them quick, and this is how it should have come from the factory, but i would really like to have some 430s. gas mileage was not really hurt because you can now use 5th around town and on the highway, ur at 3k going 80 so its nothing bad at all. these motors like to cruised around there anyway.

I'm gonna say get a 6 speed, and go 4:56, unless your gonna supercharge it. 4:10's will wake the car up nicely, you will be looking for sixth gear on the highway at some point, but I still get roughly 18 miles to the gallon, average driving. Keep the rpms low and youll get more MPG. I cant do it though!

Iwvustang said:
I am thinking of getting a new set of gears as one of the first mods for my Cobra, and was thinking of going with either the 3.73s, 3.90s, or 4.10s and was wondering if you all had any opinions on the matter. I really only do highway driving when I am traveling, so that is not a big problem, though the car is used as a daily driver. I am really only concerned with whether there are any drivability issues.

How much highway driving/traveling do you do? I like the 3.90s myself because it is a good daily driver and you will get a nice boost at the track over your 3.27s.