3.73's or wait for 4.10's

I have the chance to buy a rebuilt rear end (whole assembly from drum to drum) for 300, the gears are 3.73. I was reading that 4.10 are the best for the AOD so I was wondering if I should wait til there is a 4.10 rear end for sale or pay the 500-600 for rebuild and parts for the one I have or go with the 3.73 that is rebuilt. Is the extra 200-300 I will spend worth it. I want to add a supercharger down the way and saw that 3.73 my be better for the supercharger. Thanks for the input.

• Sponsors (?)

3.73's will be fine with your auto, in fact i think thats what ford suggests. ryan has them in his vert, along with some other people, they might chime in if they see this. i have 3.73s in both my cars and love them, granted they are both manuals.

It was a notable difference when I jumped to 3:73's in my hatch, from the stock 2:73's. Still plenty driveable, and yes first gear is pretty much useless now, but I still try to use it so I don't lug the motor. (some wierd power loss right now)

I will be going down to 3.27s as every mustang I've driven with the two different ratios, i prefer the longer gears and better freeway driving with the taller gear. To each their own. With a 331 and a S-trim, mine will have plenty of go with the combo.

It all depends on the driving. And how YOU really want your mustang to feel.