3/8" Water Jacket?

• Sponsors (?)

Alternate placement for a temp gauge sender: Use the heater feed that comes off the intake manifold. Cut the rubber hose that connects the manifold water feed to the heater and splice in a tee adapter for the temp gauge sender. Be sure to use the same water feed line as the ECT sensor. That way you will get the most accurate temp readings.

Tee adapter info:
Make a pilgrimage to your local hardware or home supply center and get some copper pipe and a tee that fits the temp gauge sender. Solder two pieces of copper pipe onto a copper pipe tee with threads in the tee part. Find the correct brass fitting to match the temp sender threads to the tee fitting.

attachment.php

You're tasking me :) OK, that's easy enough. Just a question: doesn't the temp sender have to be grounded? By the way, I think it was you that said I'd better learn to do this stuff myself, or my mechanic is going to own my wallet. You're totally right. I have yet to find a single mechanic that can work on one of these cars without screwing it up even worse than before without even properly fixing the issue. I may as well go experimental amd learn as I go along; I now have low oil pressure, failing fan control units, a car that boils over when it hit operating temp, etc. What else do I have to lose? These things are nothing but a painful money pit. Thanks, I needed to vent a little.