3 cars pick your poison

stanggt00

Jul 16, 2003
baltimore md
ok guys if yoiu had it to do over and the money with in reason what set-up would you go for

all four cars have forged bottom in

1) 4.6l t-trim vortech or procharged gt (4.10 gears)

2) 5.0l turbo gt (3.73 gears)

3) 5.4l twin screw gt (3.73 gears)

4)5.8l nos gt (3.90 gears)

now lets say all this car are set up with 600rwhp .how would a race look from a stop or roll go

i know it all depends on your goal with the car but since i am in the market for a shortblock i am kinda stuck between

build 4.6l with heads/cams and sq-trim or build 5.4l sell the vortech and buy twin screw o and sell the long tubes

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

ok guys if yoiu had it to do over and the money with in reason what set-up would you go for

all four cars have forged bottom in

1) 4.6l t-trim vortech or procharged gt (4.10 gears)

2) 5.0l turbo gt (3.73 gears)

now lets say all this car are set up with 600rwhp .how would a race look from a stop or roll go

i know it all depends on your goal with the car but since i am in the market for a shortblock i am kinda stuck between

build 4.6l with heads/cams and sq-trim or build 5.4l sell the vortech and buy twin screw o and sell the long tubes

:shrug:

well if they are all 600rwhp i would say the 4.6 with the vortech would lose probably from a stop just because you build boost really slowly.

the turbo 5.0 would be very fast roll or dig. I think the twin screw 5.4 would win in a short race say 1/8th mile because of all the torque. the 5.8 nos car would be good from any dig but from a roll nitrous is not great because as you get down the track pressure drops and power drops.

so i would say it would go like this turbo 5.0 has teh advantage from almost anywhere the 5.4 twin screw would come in second and then the nitrous 5.8 in 3rd with the vortech or procharged 4.6 in last. but also the 2nd and 3rd place can be swapped depending on how much nitrous is being run i would say he is probably around a 200 shot so that thing would beat the twin screw probably 1/8th mile because of the instant torque of nitrous.

but who really knows lol

id probably go with a turbo application or procharger though. if you are building the motor go with like teh f1a and your set.

Is the 5.0 in a foxbody or Newedge?

Saying all cars have equal hp and all in newedges

From a roll:
1/2) 5.0l turbo gt (3.73 gears)
1/2) 4.6l t-trim vortech GT (4.10 gears)

The vortech will build boost much faster with 4.10s than people think it will. Since centris rely on high revs the 4.10s will get you to the high revs much faster.

Turbo and centri cars shine from a roll. Nitrous cars not so much. I raced my friends built fox form a 40-120 roll that was stroked to a 5.4 (I think not sure what it was stroked to), with heads, cam, intake, ect and a 150 or 175 shot of nitrous and we would stay even till about 80-90mph and then I would start to pull away from him.

From a dig:
1) 5.4l twin screw gt (3.73 gears)
2/3) 5.0l turbo gt (3.73 gears)
2/3) 4.6l t-trim vortech GT (4.10 gears)

When I had the S-Trim with 4.10gears that car was sick from a roll and was pretty strong from a dig. I could heat up my MTs and just blow the tires off from a 30-40mph roll and could spin them alittle from a 60mph rool.

I have a T-Trim on now with 3.73s but havet got to drive it yet. Im sure it will be a little quicker. :D

thxs for the input guys

i have made my mine up

i am going with the 4.6l mmr900 or mph 800 shortblock (3000.00)

upgrading the sq-trim to a t-trim (trade in sq+650.00)

dropping in a cobra fuel tank and pumps (1500.00)

bap (250.00)

patriot heads stg2 (1500.00)

mph blower cams (600.00)

upr k-member kit (700.00)

i got 5k saved up so far i am almost there i am thinking end of march is when i will be ordering everything

i am hoping this combo will get me into the 550-600 with a good tune

A turbo 5.0 Fox coupe with 3.73's would be downright nasty & would probably waste all the other cars mentioned.... Let the flaming begin!!!:D

I dunno, but a NOS 5.8 with 3.90's would be ridiculous though too if it was in a Fox body.... Sorry guys, the fox's are way too light & are crazy fast N/A with a good H/C/I setup, let alone F.I.

A turbo 5.0 Fox coupe with 3.73's would be downright nasty & would probably waste all the other cars mentioned.... Let the flaming begin!!!:D

I dunno, but a NOS 5.8 with 3.90's would be ridiculous though too if it was in a Fox body.... Sorry guys, the fox's are way too light & are crazy fast N/A with a good H/C/I setup, let alone F.I.

yea a turbo fox will be very fast. my buddy has a 70mm turbo on his and ordered a 331 stroker dart motor for it as well. its going to be insane.

the nitrous cars are not good from rolls because generally rolls go to higher speeds and the longer you have that button held down the more the pressure drops and so does the power of the nitrous. but u can run a 2 stage nitrous setup so when it starts to die out you hit the second stage

I would choose turbo 5.0 all the way.

Nitrous is good for a budget, but if you want all the time power and have money to burn id skip it and go straight for the good stuff.

A H/C/I/turbo 5.0 will blow the balls off of any other car IMO, but thats my personal taste. Especially in a notch.... oh man.

But, it sounds like you made a good choice and im sure you wont be dissapointed. Your car will be sick none-the-less.