3" catback/wheel hop

• Sponsors (?)

i have new control arms and replaced the bushings in the rear, and have brand new nitto drag radials, but i bought the car without quad shocks, why do people take them out?

What type of control arms do u have??? Most people take off the quads for wheel clearance. I removed mine on my 95 to fit 17x10.5's with 315's, but I got MM lca's & the poly bushings eliminate most of the wheel hop....The quad shocks are only on the car because the stock rubber LCA bushings flex too much & contribute to most of the nasty wheelhop. The quads are there to dampen that...

but i bought the car without quad shocks, why do people take them out?

Because a popular misconception is that once you upgrade your lower control arms, you no longer need the quad shocks...so people take them out thinking the 3 pounds they save will help them gain 3MPH in the 1/4 mile.

Then we read posts exactly like this where people have wheel hops...and no quads.

Even with control arms, some cars expeirence wheel hop without the quads. Put quads back on, and problem is usually solved.

Autozone sells em. $25. Gabriel sold as a "Steering dampener". You will have to special order them

Because a popular misconception is that once you upgrade your lower control arms, you no longer need the quad shocks...so people take them out thinking the 3 pounds they save will help them gain 3MPH in the 1/4 mile.

Then we read posts exactly like this where people have wheel hops...and no quads.

Even with control arms, some cars expeirence wheel hop without the quads. Put quads back on, and problem is usually solved.

Autozone sells em. $25. Gabriel sold as a "Steering dampener". You will have to special order them

If u buy poorly designed & cheap LCA's u still need to run your quads, but i havent had any problems yet & Ive removed them on 3 of my Stangs, of course I bought the expensive MM lca's, but they pretty much solved the wheelhop issue 4 the most part...