3" exhaust????

ive been thinking of going with a different exhaust setup rather than keeping my long tubes w/ 3" xpipe going to bullets then dumped. it is killing my low end power big time. my question is that i plan on running a paxton or vortech by next summer with some aftermarket heads. Do you think keeping the 3" exhaust setup would compliment the supercharger or would it be better to go with a 2.5" set up?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i think that 3 inch is to big and overkill. Remember taht 3 inch is only for half the engine and i dont think that four of your cylinders een with a vortech is going to push enough exhaust gases to make it worht while. Maybe if you went with a large cubed 408 strocker then yes 3" exhaust would be a nice mod, but for now i say 2.5" is the way to go.

my motor mods are an f cam, typhoon intake, bbk 70mm tb and spacer, mac l/t's. i have all the bolt ons and elec fans ac delete no smog. im probably going to get rid of the exhaust. it feels so much slower now with this set up. maybe ill go to a 2.5" side setup :shrug: