3 pulley set up for new motor

just4bob50

Apr 2, 2005
Pa.
Alright guys Im getting ready to finally put my new Dart motor into the LX. This car will be a fair weather street/strip car. So Ive decided to go with a Flaming River manual rack, and no smog equipment. I just want to run the crank,water pump, and alt. My first thought was to swap water pumps ( standard rotation ), but I dont know if anyone makes a pump that has the same length snout. Then I wanted to run underdrive pulleys but, I wont be able to run the ones for EFI 5.0.

I also found this set up through a friend that has a FF cobra kit car.
http://www.breezeautomotive.com/details.php?prod_id=158&cat_id=8#

Has any one else done this, and which do you guys think is easier. I like the kit in the link, but do you guys think there is enough wrap on water pump.

• Sponsors (?)

I am doing the same thing. I got a WP for a 85 Mustang and a pulley for a 85 (I think) Thunderbird, from Autozone. The WP is standard rotation, and the pulley is ribbed for a serp. setup. I am also getting the $20 adj. alt. bracket from Summit.

Im using the stock brackets and tensioner, stock pulleys and I believe a 45 1/2" belt it works fine, is nice and taught, and I think looks cool... also has plenty of wrap on the wp pulley, its also pretty dam cheap, I think it was like $30 for the belt though, I got a good one..

Im using the stock brackets and tensioner, stock pulleys and I believe a 45 1/2" belt it works fine, is nice and taught, and I think looks cool... also has plenty of wrap on the wp pulley, its also pretty dam cheap, I think it was like $30 for the belt though, I got a good one..

That sounds like a good idea, can you post some pics, and details.

215816_15_full.jpg