30# Injectors too much?

PhLoBuS

Aug 15, 2004
Beverly, MA
I currently have Flowmaster 40 series, MAC CAI, MAC u/d pulleys, and 4.10 gears. Now I plan on putting these on sometime in the NEAR future...
Headers
H-pipe
E-cam
Edelbrock RPM II intake
70MM TB w/ spacer
Mass Air 73mm or 76mm
2400 Stall converter
255 fuel pump

Would 30# injectors be over doing it?
Also what would be more suitable a 73mm mass air or a 76mm?

• Sponsors (?)

The whole combination is mismatched. You dont need injectors now, but with the proper maf, they wont hurt, but they'll be no benifit. I suggest you do some research before ordering parts :)

Keep your stock 19lb injectors...

Alls the 30lb injectors will do is give you a rich smell and worse gas mileage...you'll need some nice "breathing mods" to support 30lb injectors...like a supercharger or a strong 302 h/c/i package...

24 # inj are ok if you upgrade the entire fuel system. I have 24# MAF on my car, that is just bolt ons. Like they said, 30# inj kill gas mileage. Grn92 is rite as well, combo would be very missmatched. If anything, do some ported stock heads, if moneys an issue, cobra intake, bigger TB,& MAF

With the proper tunning and MAF meter 30 lb/hr injectors shouldn't make any difference in fuel economy (providing they aren't at 100% duty cycle all the time ;)). If you plan on buying them be sure to spend the money on dyno tuning at a reputable shop. If your car is running rich with the 30's then your computer does not have the proper tune or some other problem is occuring. 19 LB/HR injectors should be good for now. 24 LB/HR injectors will be more than enough if your stock ones are on their way out. They are what I would upgrade to if I were you.

SPEED FREAK said:
With the proper tunning and MAF meter 30 lb/hr injectors shouldn't make any difference in fuel economy (providing they aren't at 100% duty cycle all the time ;)). If you plan on buying them be sure to spend the money on dyno tuning at a reputable shop. If your car is running rich with the 30's then your computer does not have the proper tune or some other problem is occuring. 19 LB/HR injectors should be good for now. 24 LB/HR injectors will be more than enough if your stock ones are on their way out. They are what I would upgrade to if I were you.

100% CORRECT!!

agree with everyone else. Also, that stall will not be a true 2400. It will be more like a 18-1900, which is just barely higher than stock. Go for a 30-3200 stall and that cam will work nicely. check my sig, I had to upgrade on the stall because I went the 2400 route earlier. It just sucked the life out the car, the stall was engaging and the cam had not made any power yet. Let the cam kick in and then the stall so you are in the powerband.

Yeah they were not in order of how i was going to buy them/install them but if I do go with mass air sensors or injectors i will go with 24#. btw I have obviously not done research on injectors hence why i asked the question

Grn92LX said:
The whole combination is mismatched. You dont need injectors now, but with the proper maf, they wont hurt, but they'll be no benifit. I suggest you do some research before ordering parts :)

yep.

take a look at the 70mm throttle body and that RPM intake....over done. you should get a 65mm throttle body and a Performer intake. that will help you out more for the powerband that your going to be in. RPM intake at most.
also, go with the 76mm MAF.

Sorry but with the stock ECU and no tune...30lb injectors even with the correct MAF will give you worse gas mileage...the fuel delivery is setup with the "duty cycles" for the 19's not the 30's...

N8Miller said:
yep.

take a look at the 70mm throttle body and that RPM intake....over done. you should get a 65mm throttle body and a Performer intake. that will help you out more for the powerband that your going to be in. RPM intake at most.
also, go with the 76mm MAF.

Thats actually not true man. You should match your TB to the inlet of your manifold. Doesn't mean you'll make more power, but its just better and will support better down the road. By the way, I have an accufab 65mm TB/egr spacer for sale, I just ordered my accufab 75mm yesterday :D PM me if anyones interested.

Sorry but with the stock ECU and no tune...30lb injectors even with the correct MAF will give you worse gas mileage...the fuel delivery is setup with the "duty cycles" for the 19's not the 30's

Not true at all man, with the proper maf and the eec adapting to the changes, it'll still get good mileage. I also ordered a new 80mm pro m for 30's so my 24lb pro m 80mm is for sale too :D

Grn92LX said:
Not true at all man, with the proper maf and the eec adapting to the changes, it'll still get good mileage. I also ordered a new 80mm pro m for 30's so my 24lb pro m 80mm is for sale too :D

Well sure you can get "good mileage" but not as good as with the 19's and stock components...

With a h/c/i combo you engine flows more air which in turns tells the STOCK computer, MAF, etc...to give more fuel...which goes hand in hand with worse gas mileage...

More fuel given = More gas taken :nice:

Maybe that 80mm calibrated for the 30's will solve your problems...