300 pics, 60 minutes of video at the Texas Mile

Great pics and thanks for the account on each pic.
Man, I bet that was a cool time. A lot of exotic and heavily modded cars.
I was wondering on the specifics, as well, on safety equipment since much can't be seen in these pics.
Expected cages helmets and the usual ... but what kind of support was on hand?
EMTs .. fire units? Imagining the worse at those speeds ... it could get ugly.

Yes, go to TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT. There is extensive safety rules, mandatory driver training and slow practice runs. Just off the top of my head, you must be in a fireproof suit, have a fire extinguisher, helmet, cage over 190mph. They check your car from top to bottom, brakes, fluids, the whole deal before your car is allowed to run. Full EMT, safety crews at the end and half track with their vehicles running, etc. They throughly cleaned the track after each oil down, which there were tons of over the 3 days.

Edit, the white Ford GT with stripes in the pic went over 220mph that run.

sorry ther teacher forgot we were in grammer school
Yep yours an two others. Dont hate cause your not great
Please stop from ruining this thread. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

do hve 2 give it 2 U nice pixs an mph info. hope i didnt confuse on the spellin ther:rlaugh::rolleyes: never was trying to ruin your thread here man? was just stating how I felt bout your bowtie?:rlaugh:

no problem talking crap about my car. I've owned mustangs.

Once you learn the English language, then I might take you seriously. You have the grammatical ability of a 2nd grade student. Your post represent the new age "ricer" attitude of young mustang owners. You fit in quite well here, at Stangnet. You should be fine!

BTW, since you have a big mouth, if you want to run for money, let me know, [email protected]. The mile is coming back up in a few months.

Otherwise, stop posting in this thread. You have no positive input, and waste our time.

Great Pics! Wish I could have gone. There are very few motorsport events up in Canada!

Thanks!

There were a few fast cars from up there in the past. The word was, they were making it down for the mile. I will find out if any of the cars from Canada made it down here, and what they ran.

I really feel like this is the new standard for a different type of racing, and is here to stay. I will always be a die hard drag racer, but this event displays what the car is capable of. Driver experience has a lot less to do when you are running 1 mile and "mph" is the only factor. I would like to see more airparks promote similar events, which I think is going to happen soon.

Really great pictures. Thanks for sharing. :nice:

I really feel like this is the new standard for a different type of racing, and is here to stay... I would like to see more airparks promote similar events, which I think is going to happen soon.
I'm not sure what you mean by a different type of racing. Seeing as how they've been doing land speed racing in the U.S. since 1904, I'm sure it is here to stay.

If you're on the east coast, there's always the Maxton Mile in NC. I would like to go to an event some day.

no problem talking crap about my car. I've owned mustangs.

Once you learn the English language, then I might take you seriously. You have the grammatical ability of a 2nd grade student. Your post represent the new age "ricer" attitude of young mustang owners. You fit in quite well here, at Stangnet. You should be fine!

You would know your a "FoundingMember":rlaugh:

BTW, since you have a big mouth, if you want to run for money, let me know, [email protected]. The mile is coming back up in a few months.

No problems winters never was good at english:shrug: but got a best bud that will hand you your ass witha 4 cyl. EVO pushing 28-30lbs boost though? make your eyes bugout an:eek: an your jaw hit the floor:jaw: as you see him pull HARD on YOU:nice: enough with bickering :bs: correct me if i spelled that wrong winters?

Winters,
I have been part of this thread for years but actually just recently came active in participating and I must say I dont even know you but its sad to see you go. Already I am turned off of the responses of guys like fshawn50 and at times also consider joining a different thread as well. Its sad that normal conversation cant exsist without someone responding with a wise a** comment.

Besides all of that I have never heard of the "Texas mile" before and is by far one of the COOLEST events I have ever seen, you really documted your time there really well. I am no where near Texas but I would even take a trip out there just to experience this event. Really cool post man.

Winters,
I have been part of this thread for years but actually just recently came active in participating and I must say I dont even know you but its sad to see you go. Already I am turned off of the responses of guys like fshawn50 and at times also consider joining a different thread as well. Its sad that normal conversation cant exsist without someone responding with a wise a** comment.

Besides all of that I have never heard of the "Texas mile" before and is by far one of the COOLEST events I have ever seen, you really documted your time there really well. I am no where near Texas but I would even take a trip out there just to experience this event. Really cool post man.

Myself to never got any good info off this site anyhow :bs:
They hold these events all over :eek:

Really great pictures. Thanks for sharing. :nice:

I'm not sure what you mean by a different type of racing. Seeing as how they've been doing land speed racing in the U.S. since 1904, I'm sure it is here to stay.

If you're on the east coast, there's always the Maxton Mile in NC. I would like to go to an event some day.

I guess I just not heard of many events like this. It seems to be gaining popularity. I know there has always been land speed racing, but this is the only event in Texas like it and it has just been around for a couple of years, so it is still new to us.

Winters,

Yep, this place has become crazy and you get to witness the lack of maturity that a lot of newer mustang owners have. It's sad to see and these few immature guys give respectful mustang owners a bad image.

Why is fshawn50 even still here? Its choads like him why I haven't been on here a lot lately. "oh my friend knows a guy who's brother's friend has an evo (man card revoked) with like 2039493489382 lbs of boost that will totally whore you". TOOL!

Winters, this event sounds like a good time. I'd love for something like that around here. Well actually Beech Bend is only about an hour and a half from here:rolleyes:

No problems winters never was good at english:shrug: but got a best bud that will hand you your ass witha 4 cyl. EVO pushing 28-30lbs boost though? make your eyes bugout an:eek: an your jaw hit the floor:jaw: as you see him pull HARD on YOU:nice: enough with bickering :bs: correct me if i spelled that wrong winters?

:rolleyes: oh I've heard that one many times... EVERYONE seems to have a best bud with a car pushing 40 PSI, 1000+hp and can take everyone. Srysly.

back to the topic, I've always wanted to go to one of these events. Of course, I can't see myself ever participating in it. Just don't have the balls to go WOT for a mile in a mustang. :eek: