300 rwhp 4.6

dstang01

Sep 22, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Hey guys,
Im just wandering over here from the 94-95 5.0 section to learn more about "that other mustang V8" ;) I was curious what the most popular way to get to 300 rwhp with the 4.6 is, and what it usually costs. Let's assume that we are talking about 99+ or PI swapped 96-98 2 valves. With the 5.0, we usually do an h/c/i swap and a few bolt ons, and that gets us right around the 300 mark. The 4.6 heads are already good (unlike the crappy stock 5.0 heads) so Im sure you guys dont do h/c/i (also probably quite expensive) whats the plan for a 300 rwhp 4.6?

• Sponsors (?)

if you search im sure you'll find what your looking for. But on the 4.6 n/a power inst so easy. to get 300rwhp your going to need to port+polish those PI heads, agressive cams and all bolt on's. It's best just to throw some boost at it

Actually, you will more than likely need heads, cams, and full exhaust to reach 300 rwhp with a 4.6. Most people don't buy aftermarket intake manifolds unless they're running some type of forced induction.

The easiest and most common method of reaching 300+ hp is supercharging.

if you search im sure you'll find what your looking for. But on the 4.6 n/a power inst so easy. to get 300rwhp your going to need to port+polish those PI heads, agressive cams and all bolt on's. It's best just to throw some boost at it

You don't need all the bolt ons. or aggressive cams. I have mild street cams with almost no bolt ons and i have 305rwhp and 328rwtq

You don't need all the bolt ons. or aggressive cams. I have mild street cams with almost no bolt ons and i have 305rwhp and 328rwtq

well that's an anomaly - which are never good examples

Full exhaust (LT headers, Mid Pipe, Catback), a stage 1 cam (comp 262), Steeda U/D pulleys, 75mm TB, Plenum and a 93 Oct tune. Those mods should put you around 300 rwhp.

I believe there are more than a handful of guys running this set up here and arn't at 300hp

mild head work, cams, stock exhuast manifolds, untuned, 279/314 on my car

LT's and a tune proboly would have got me there, but I am not sure.

I did 283rwhp and 298rwtq with the following mods on a 2000 GT 5-speed:
- Steeda pullies
- K&N conical filter
- VT Stage 1 N/A cams
- CompCams Beehive springs
- BBK LT's
- BBK Catted X-pipe
- Magnaflow catback
- 4.10's (not sure of any effect they have)
- custom tune via Predator

I have a feeling I'll be over the 300rwhp mark soon. I have an Accufab plenum and TB sitting on my living floor right now, plus I swapped the catted X for a O/R one. I'll probably switch to a MRT cold air really soon here as well. My main problem is that I'm moving to California for the 2 years. I'll probably take a hit with the crappier gas :notnice:

Kinda hard to believe. When you say "almost no bolt ons" does that mean everything but a blower? Not calling you a liar. I've just never seen a near stock PI car lay down close to 300 at the wheels. Cams arent that magical either.