300 RWHP with stock heads and cam

• Sponsors (?)

I dynoed 304rwhp/324rwtq with ported E7's, an e-cam and an edelbrock performer rpm manifold and no crazy tricks (smog pump bypassed).
Well I posted this and forgot about it. Just ran across it today and figured I would answer some of the comments for anyone who cares.

Tell us more about the head's specifics and flow (who did them too) and the cam.
I'd love to see the dyno curve if that is possible also. That is about the most I've seen claimed from a non-pro race engine.

I have no flow numbers from the heads. They are E7s with 1.90/1.60 valves. A local engine shop named Basko worked on them. This is my daily driver, not a race car at all. The cam is just an E-303 installed straight up with 1.72 RRs. This is with a factory stock shortblock too. Hasn't even been rebuilt.

DynoRun.jpg

/\ You should advise them to fix their dyno.
I'll let the nice gentlemen at Arizona Dyno Chip know.

I'm thinking it's a carb motor.

I made 262rwhp 328rwtq with Thumpers, Performer RPM intake and a .545/.545 218/224 114 cam through an AOD. It still had a/c and the stock fan too.

Mine isn't a carb motor. 24lb injectors and an Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold. It has an electric fan and A/C.

Attachments

• DynoRun.jpg
    DynoRun.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 136
My combo is a 10:1 306 with original gt-40 irons that have been milled .020" and have a 3 angle valve job, explorer intake, steeda # 18 cam, 24 pounders, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, LT's...blah blah blah

It put down 280/320 untuned. I havent had it dyno'd since i starting tuning with the tweecer. Dont know how much power it picked up (not a whole lot) but driveability is excellent. And i get 18 mpg driving country roads to work and 25+ on the highway!

I would say my combo is fairly close to the magical 300 rwhp and makes for a fun street car.

PrimerdFury,
Nice looking graph.
You wouldn't be interested in posting your numeric sheet would you?

BTW, Keith's correction jobbie was not working when I went in, so I got uncorrected numbers... even corrected, my peak hp falls short of what you put down.

if I ever get mine out from under her blanket again, we'll have to run them(at the track), would be cool to have an E7 hot rod fest.

peak numbers don't translate to track times - too much other stuff enters into the end result. Inlcuding total area under the HP curve, not just the peak. That's why the Engine Master's competition goes by a total of averages, not peaks.

I've got documentation of a 230RWHP Coupe runniing 12.7 @ 107mph.

cleanLX ran 12.9 with not much more than long tubes, exhaust and gears on his stock HO motor.

PrimerdFury,
Nice looking graph.
You wouldn't be interested in posting your numeric sheet would you?

BTW, Keith's correction jobbie was not working when I went in, so I got uncorrected numbers... even corrected, my peak hp falls short of what you put down.

if I ever get mine out from under her blanket again, we'll have to run them(at the track), would be cool to have an E7 hot rod fest.

Thanks man. I would be happy to post the numeric sheet, however the link I have for the dyno software (http://www.dynojet.com/downloads/software.php) doesn't seem to be working, so I will have to wait till I am at my home computer to post it. Hopefully I left the program on my computer and didn't delete it...

Well if you get yours out from under her blanket than I will do the same haha. It would be cool to run with another healthy E7 car, so seriously let me know the next time you make it out to the track.

Back from the dead.
That motor died out front of the house... long story.
The 230cfm heads have been junked. As it turns out they flowed 200cfm on a different (reputable) bench, and were too far ported to make any improvements.
I have a new set of worked E7's now, smaller valves, they do not flow 230cfm.
Progress is slow on the rebuild and I've gone 306. I have a different cam this time as well.
Hope to have it together September/October and dyno tune handy that same time frame.
I have also gone to an E-brok intake.
This one will be interesting.
P1040237_zpscfba954a.jpg