300 rwhp

• Sponsors (?)

powermaxx said:
those are some good times what is that trick flow kit all about?

i mean what is the cam specs?

do i have to change fuel pump and ignition?

1. it's your standard h/c/i kit (the track heat heads are the same as street heat heads, but with better valvesprings) it's the standard "I want 300 hp" weapon of choice at our local speed shop here in Vancouver. (mine was actually reccomended to me by Tom at AMP in Phoenix, but I do run a Lunati cam)

2. trick flows web site, summit, or google ....

3. The trick flow kit will max a stock fuel pump at 5K (as me how I know :D ) so you should get a new one, I got a 255 walbro for like 200 installed.

One other nice thing about the track heat kit, is with the track heat intake, you can run a 1" phenolic spacer to recover the runner length of the street heat manifold, but it allows you to pull the valve covers without having to take the intake off, and it keeps heat out of the plenum. Also gives more clearance for the heater hoses, ignition wires and the throtle linkage.

(imho) the alphabet cams and gt40 parts were great in their day, but they are basically 15 year old technology. The TF or AFR etc... are newer designs that take advantage of some newer discoveries in head / chamber design. (again just my .02)

Dave-
(now preparing to be flamed by all guys running e-cams and gt heads)
:D :nice: :flag:

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

umm.....I am putting a carberated 302 in my 87 fox. The motor is a 76 bronco 302. I have added a edelbrock performer intake, Holley 600 carb, i ported the stock close chamber heads, and im adding a lunati chydralic flat tappet cam with around a .500" lift. I have a stock H pipe with gutted cats, stock 5.0 headers, the motor has new main bearing and rod bearings to tighten up the bottom end. Other than that the motor has 70K on it, but is in great condidtion. I have Accel 8MM plug wires and a Accel Super stock coil. I will be using a electric fan also. Is 300 hp a number that i shouldnt be afraid to expect out of the combo? tell me what you think......... I will be using the stock rebuilt, ported heads so that will be a downfall....