300 rwhp?????

It may not be worth the money to us, but for some people they want to keep their car legal and have a legal inspection sticker and it is worth it to them. I personally haven't had my car inspected since November 2005 so I could care less :D

As for those, who're concerned about keeping their cars legal ? they may just as well hold on to their factory cats, until it's proven there's at least a 12-15 HP gain on the dyno, before spending an additional $475.00 + for a high-flow catted pipe..And until I see some real dyno numbers ? I'll also be holding onto my stock H-pipe, as well..As for emission inspection is concerned ? I'm exempt, being that I put less than 5000 miles per year on my Stang anyhow..:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

http://www.kennybrown.com/endorse_exhaust.cfm

kenny brown dyno tested the mrt catted h pipe at 9 rwhp and it sounds wicked as well

The cats are roughly half the size of the stockers

So let me get this straight ? all you're getting for your $499.00 + which btw, is MRT's list price..is 9 rwhp, over the factory H-pipe ? Well if KB's dyno results, are even close to being accurate ? First of all, you would have to be a complete idiot to hand over $500.00 for just 9 rwhp, when you can purchase the Pypes off road H-pipe, from Brenspeed for $174.99, which has been dyno proven to provide 8-10 HP over stock. In addtion, KB's dyno results also confirm, the factory cats are indeed very efficient and low restrictive, just as I suspected all along.. In which case, I'll definitely be holding onto my stock H-pipe, after reading this :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: What a joke :lol:

sound

you obviously have never heard the mrt h pipe it sounds a hell of a lot louder and deeper than the stocker also its a higher grade of stainless steel

add the fact that the off road pipes aren't street legal so those of us who drive our cars on the street the pypes isn't even a viable option

the mrt is also the sole catted h pipe available for our cars now that mac has discontinued the catted prochamber

That wasn't my point..My point is ! if you're going to spend $500.00 + for an aftermarket catted pipe ? it had better provide more than just 9 rwhp, over the factory cats. Otherwise, it just doesn't justify replacing the stock H-pipe, which is considered as a factory high-flow catted pipe, to begin with. However, if you're looking for just sound ? then it's recommended, that you replace the stock axle backs, and not the entire mid pipe anyhow. In which, the main purpose for upgrading to a high-flow catted pipe in the first place ? is for HP and Torque performance, not sound..Therefore, before I'll hand over $500.00 of my hard earned money ? I won't settle for anything less than, 12-15 HP over stock..

h pipe

the mid pipe makes a HUGE diffrence in how the car will sound

and it really is opinionated as to whether or not its worth the cost to me it was/is

If your buying a catted pipe its for the street and if its for the street you are most likely going for sound not necessarily peak hp numbers

the mid pipe makes a HUGE diffrence in how the car will sound

and it really is opinionated as to whether or not its worth the cost to me it was/is

If your buying a catted pipe its for the street and if its for the street you are most likely going for sound not necessarily peak hp numbers

And so will an aftermarket axle back.. only at a fraction of the price, that it will cost you for the MRT high-flow catted pipe lol. So if you're most likely going for sound, over performance anyhow ? then why in the hell, would you hand over $500.00 ? when you can achieve the very same results, with either FRPP/GTA's for $289.95, Flowmaster AT's for $329.95, or MAC axle backs, for $347.95 :shrug: With that being said, if you feel that $500.00 is worth parting with, just to make a huge difference in sound ? then by all means, be my guest :rlaugh: However, I expect much more bang for my buck.. than just sound, for that kind of money..Otherwise, I'll just stick with my factory mid pipe.. Or upgrade to an off road mid pipe instead.

bang for the buck

lets evaluate the diffrences between the 2 mid pipes

500- MRT

175 - Pypes

Pypes is alumiminuzed (sp?)
MRT is stainless whether you buy the $450 or $500 grades
Pypes has no cats so to truly compare add roughly $200 to the price
That brings pypes up to a minimum of 375 and since stainless is always roughly $100 more than aluminized im not seeing their price as out of line at all

lets evaluate the diffrences between the 2 mid pipes

500- MRT

175 - Pypes

Pypes is alumiminuzed (sp?)
MRT is stainless whether you buy the $450 or $500 grades
Pypes has no cats so to truly compare add roughly $200 to the price
That brings pypes up to a minimum of 375 and since stainless is always roughly $100 more than aluminized im not seeing their price as out of line at all

And the reason for Pypes not having cats ? is because, from a performance standpoint..a catted mid pipe (MRT) makes around the very same HP, as the Pypes off road, without cats.. In which, according to Kenny Brown's dyno results ? confirms just that..Therefore, when you compare the $200 that your adding to the price, for the cats ? it's a complete waste of money, as their pretty much considered as useless, from once again a performance standpoint..However, you once again have missed my entire point ! As the main purpose for upgrading to an aftermarket mid pipe ? is for performance and not sound, hence the word (high-flow) As for improving the sound quality ? that's what the purpose of upgrading to an aftermarket muffler, is designed for. In which, I'll achieve the very same results, by installing MAC axle back mufflers for nearly $200.00 less, than it will cost you for the MRT catted pipe, and btw ? MAC axle backs, are also made from 304 grade Stainless Steel as well lol. With that being said, if you really don't see their price as being out of line ? then by all means..Go for it, as it's your money..In the meantime, I'll be holding on to my stock mid pipe, while applying that very same $500.00 towards mods, which will provide real, best bang for the buck performance :D

legal

the mrt is legal whereas the pypes is not
not all of us are made of money and can afford to have a daily driver and a play car

btw you will not get the same sound with mac axle backs as the mrt h pipe have you even heard this mid pipe before?

the mrt is legal whereas the pypes is not
not all of us are made of money and can afford to have a daily driver and a play car

btw you will not get the same sound with mac axle backs as the mrt h pipe have you even heard this mid pipe before?
HELLO !!! You're missing the point again.. As I'm not comparing the MRT with the Pypes off road.. I'm comparing the MRT, with the FACTORY H-PIPE, in which is both legal and low restrictive to begin with..And after reading you're post, concerning Kenny Brown's dyno results.. I've decided that from both a performance and sound standpoint..That it would be in my best interest, to keep the factory cats and upgrade to MAC axle backs for sound..Although I have not heard the MRT H-pipe in person.. I have heard the MAC axle backs, and have noticed a very huge improvement in sound, over the stock mufflers...and speaking of which ! have you actually heard the MRT in person, or only in a sound clip ? because if you haven't heard it in person.. You're making a very huge mistake, if you purchase the MRT based from a sound clip, that you've heard..However, before reading Kenny Brown's dyno results.. I was seriously considering the MRT, until discovering that, only 9 rwhp over the factory exhaust ? just isn't worth paying $500.00, despite it's 304 Stainless Steel construction.. As the factory H-pipe, is made from 409 Stainless Steel as is..And yes, not all of us are made of money, and can afford both a daily driver, and a play toy at the same time..Which is exactly my purpose for keeping the factory exhaust, and upgrading to the MAC axle backs, instead of the MRT catted H..And finally, I also wouldn't put too much stock, in Kenny Brown either.. As, he's pretty much been battling a very serious illness, for well over a year now, in which there are still no updates on his progress, nor if and when he'll be back ? In the meantime, I'd also be very interested, in checking out the dyno results, from perhaps some of our other vendors, who may have already dyno tested the MRT catted H ? and also for those, who still plan on dyno testing, as well..:shrug:

Wow lol look what I started. I still am sticking to what I said. The only real way to prove it is to buy an h or x pipe that comes with the high-flow cats, and also tubes to go in their place. You know, one of the ones where the high-flow cats are optional. I just may purchase such a piece in a few months. If I do so, I'll be sure to post the dyno findings. In the end, the off road pipe may have just as much peak horsepower, "possibly" a little more, but I can guarantee that with a straight-thru muffler, the torque curve on the high-flow cat part will look a lot better. The Pypes off road H pipe was dynoed with stock mufflers, which are chambered, and maintain a bit of backpressure. I was talking about having an off road pipe and straight thru mufflers. There's a bit of a difference there, too.

Wow lol look what I started. I still am sticking to what I said. The only real way to prove it is to buy an h or x pipe that comes with the high-flow cats, and also tubes to go in their place. You know, one of the ones where the high-flow cats are optional. I just may purchase such a piece in a few months. If I do so, I'll be sure to post the dyno findings. In the end, the off road pipe may have just as much peak horsepower, "possibly" a little more, but I can guarantee that with a straight-thru muffler, the torque curve on the high-flow cat part will look a lot better. The Pypes off road H pipe was dynoed with stock mufflers, which are chambered, and maintain a bit of backpressure. I was talking about having an off road pipe and straight thru mufflers. There's a bit of a difference there, too.

So which is my best option Darkfire ? First of all, I plan on sticking with a chambered muffler, such as either my stock axle backs, FRPP/GTA's, or MAC axle backs..So once again, my question is this.. if in the event, I decide to run the Pypes off road H, would I still lose low and midrange power, with a chambered muffler ? and if so..would you then recommend sticking with the factory H-pipe :shrug:

I am running the MRT h pipe with pypes violators so yes I know exactly how they sound lol

deepest non header system ive ever heard on the 197's

Now I understand why your MRT sounds so good lol.. It's because of your Pypes Violators, which are straight thru designed mufflers to begin with.. that are well known for improving the sound quality, of just about any mid-pipe you run them with..Therefore, it's your Violators that really deserve most of the credit.

So which is my best option Darkfire ? First of all, I plan on sticking with a chambered muffler, such as either my stock axle backs, FRPP/GTA's, or MAC axle backs..So once again, my question is this.. if in the event, I decide to run the Pypes off road H, would I still lose low and midrange power, with a chambered muffler ? and if so..would you then recommend sticking with the factory H-pipe :shrug:

With a chambered muffler, I don't think there would be any power loss with an off-road pipe. In the end, just go with whatever sounds best to you. You're going to be listening to your car a lot more than racing it.

With a chambered muffler, I don't think there would be any power loss with an off-road pipe. In the end, just go with whatever sounds best to you. You're going to be listening to your car a lot more than racing it.

I think that for now, I'm more than likely going to stick with my stock mid pipe, and go with either Pypes Violators, or MAC axle backs. However, I'm still curious and very interested, as to what an aftermarket catted pipe, can produce on a dyno ! As I definitely, do not want to go with an off road pipe, because once you get rid of the cats ? their known for sounding raspy, and can also cause trumpeting as well..Although, I suppose that installing resonators, may get rid of it ? But if I'm not mistaken, don't resonators also require cutting part of the mid-pipe ? and if they do..Then an off road pipe, is definitely out of the question..Anyway, if you should decide to install a high-flow catted pipe ? I'll be looking very forward, in viewing you're dyno results.

Now just how do you figure that high-flow cats, will yield better horsepower over an off road pipe ? when even a higher flowing cat, is still never the less, considered as an air-flow restriction when compared to a straight pipe, which doesn't obstruct airflow at all. Your statement concerning the 05 losing a bit with the o/r pipe and straight-thru mufflers, not only doesn't make any logical sense ! but also goes against the laws of physics as well.. In fact, you should take a look at Brenspeed's website, in which Dynotech conducted an un-biased 3rd party dyno test, proving the Pypes off road H-pipe, produced an additional 8 HP at 5000 RPM, along with 10 additional ft. lbs. torque on the dyno. Although 8-10 HP, may not be considered as a huge gain ? it's certainly a far cry, from losing power as you previously stated.

I saw an artilce in a magazine that showed an O/R h pipe did lose hp but it gained torque. They bolted on several different things in search of 300 rwhp. One of the last things they did was install an O/R h pipe instead of the high flow catted pipe.