3000-3200 stall still streetable

trevnut

Dec 21, 2003
Mustang,OK
i am going to get a new stall for my aod. and was wondering if a 3000-3200 stall would still be streetable. i am getting the trickflow track heat kit, 76mm maf, 70mm tb, 255 lph pump, and #24 injectors. i am also going to have the tranny beefed up and put in a lentech vavlebody in it. what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Oh its definitly streetable.I have a 2800 lock up.If you get a good quality converter,it should last as long as the tranny does.If you get a non-lock up,it tends to make your motor run a little hotter.

Speaking of heat, if your running a high stall converter, lock up or not, I would highly recomend a nice tranny cooler. I mean like one for a disel truck 27000gvwr or up.

I just got a art carr aod (internals) and a tci 3000 stall (lockup) on a totally stock vert.. IT Works.. I wouldnt say it hauls ass.. its a work in progress. 4.10s going in next with a thumper combo/B cam and good aftermarket intake then I am done.. Oh ya maybe shot of n2o :lol: I did install the 24000GVW B & M tranny cooler asap as advised by a few. Ripped out the a/c and its sitting in front of the radiator. All seems good.

Good Luck
John

Careful - it depends on your definition of what 'streetable' means -- and that's a subjective thing. It differs from person to person. And it wouldn't be streetable for me. For some people, streetable means yeah, I can drive it on the street occasionally. For others streetable means it's tolerable as a daily driver. For some it means it's actually nice as a daily driver. trevnut - you'd be wise to see if you can hook up with some folks that have a stall like that in their car so you can spend some street time in it. See what you think. Most street time is spent below 3000 rpm - which means the converter is in 'slip' mode a lot of the time - hence the need for a cooler to reject the heat generated with converter slip.

Michael Yount said:
Careful - it depends on your definition of what 'streetable' means -- and that's a subjective thing. It differs from person to person. And it wouldn't be streetable for me. For some people, streetable means yeah, I can drive it on the street occasionally. For others streetable means it's tolerable as a daily driver. For some it means it's actually nice as a daily driver. trevnut - you'd be wise to see if you can hook up with some folks that have a stall like that in their car so you can spend some street time in it. See what you think. Most street time is spent below 3000 rpm - which means the converter is in 'slip' mode a lot of the time - hence the need for a cooler to reject the heat generated with converter slip.

yeah but aod's with lock up converters dont slip in d and od so it will be streetable. thats were 90% of your time will be.