302 351 parts interchangeable?

I want a stroker but now im thinking of getting a good 351...but can I use my TFS TWISTED WEDGE heads, bolts, roller rockers, pushrods, typhoon intake, vortech a-trim, on a 351?? if so is there any mods I need to make to the block or anything? whats the best 351 to use?? what cars have it?? im looking to make a good safe 550 hp with about 12#s of boost...

• Sponsors (?)

You can use your Heads, rockers, and blower. For the intake, the lower will not fit a 351. I know edelbrock makes a lower performer intake for the 351, not sure if those ports will match up with the typhoon (I know the typhoon is a knock off of the performer so it may). You are going to need new pushrods, head bolts, distribitor, oil pan, oil pickup. I don't think the hood will fit anymore either. Also you will either need to alter your accessory brackets from the 302, or buy an adapter bracket that ford racing makes. There is a sticky post at the top of this forum with good info about this subject.

As for cars with 351W, there are lots of them: Broncos, Pickup trucks, Econolines, crown vics, early mustangs, and I am sure I am missing some. My freind just bought a 69 351 W short block rebuilt for about 700.

Good luck,

Mario

Also if you want to reuse your cam (which I wouldn't do), then you need to get a roller 351W block. They started in the early or mid 90's, came in the Lightings, I think around 95.

Mario