302 block and heads

stevesLX

Nov 12, 2006
cincinnati
I had my block and heads in the shop due to a blow by problem. I was informed that that my main that holds my crank is busted in 2 pieces. They cleaned everything up and told me they had a cap they could use to fix mine that was busted. I am now just curious wether or not the total price they are charging me is good or not. I am being charged $1500.00 for disassembly of the short block cleaning, magnaflux, the main cap, align hone, mill the block, recondition the rods pistons, new rings, bearings, and seals. Heads remilled 3 angle valve job new seals and guides reassembly of short block.

• Sponsors (?)

It may not be a bad price for all that they are doing; however, you have to ask yourself if it is worth it.

I don't think it's worth it. Especially when you can buy a DSS short block for around $2000 and have all new (and better) parts.

The price sounds about right for what they are doing, but I agree that its probably not worth it for a stock block. If you find out what kind of internals they are planning on putting in it, it might be worth it. I wasn't sure if they were refurbishing the pistons and rods or putting in new ones. I would suggest getting a different shortblock for that much money though. Thats always an excuse to increase displacement too. 331-347?