302 Conversion

Gfordguy

Oct 19, 2016
Hey Guy I'm New On Here .I Have A Question I Have A 93 F150 With A 302 Motor Auto Trans. I am installing a 302 ho out of my 90 Mustang into my truck do I need to change my computer what else do I need to do to make this conversion

• Sponsors (?)

The cam is different. You could swap injector locations...to follow HO firing order and fire'em up.

I can't remember if the 93 truck are sequential firing injectors....meaning injectors follow the firing order of the cam. If its batch fire the fuel injectors harnesses need to be moved around. Batch fire energize the injectors from side to side. You could probably get away with using the mustang harness and computer.

The f150 forum has detailed info on all this stuff. I had a 92 f150 until recently. You probably already know this, but unless you swap in a different cam, the mustang motor sucks in a big heavy truck. The factory f150 cam of that year was bad enough, but the mustang cam makes it even worse.

Lots of good info on these trucks on the forum...including a how-to thread on performance upgrades for a 302 f150 (cams, intakes, maf swaps, etc). Well worth the read.