302 head casting numbers, tell me what i got

• Sponsors (?)

lit_mike_2001 said:
so i pulled the valve covers off today and find these casting numbers. 6F7, A3B, & 6A19. I went ahead and pulled off the heads and found some more, D50E. Anyone know what these are or what they came on?

75-76 year models 58.2 cc combustion chambers 1.78 int 1.46 exh valves

try some c60e heads off a 289 for added compression, if you can get some hipo heads, you would be in business. or try some 351 heads for better flow i think. i know somebody with DO0e heads that are ported and have some aftermarket springs, he is trying to sell. if you want, PM me and i will get you his info.

Actually ford did make non-HO 302 roller cammed motors. The thunderbird/cougar, lincolns, and the crown victoria all use roller cams after 1986, but were not HO's. The ford f150 still used a flat tappet cam, but had a roller-ready block after 1988 I believe it is, in 1995 they put roller cams in the trucks too. The 289 hi-po heads flow better than the e7's, well even the non hi-po heads flow a little better, but probably not enough to make it worth your while.

The 289 heads have smaller ports vs a E7 head. The only ones that flowed well were the '69 351 heads and they have 69cc chambers , plus much smaller ports thatn any aftermarket heads. Even the GT40's are small for a free breathing 302 build. Any factory head that needs reworked is a poor deal vs getting a set of AFR's.

Jamie

eric88gt said:
Actually ford did make non-HO 302 roller cammed motors. The thunderbird/cougar, lincolns, and the crown victoria all use roller cams after 1986, but were not HO's. The ford f150 still used a flat tappet cam, but had a roller-ready block after 1988 I believe it is, in 1995 they put roller cams in the trucks too. The 289 hi-po heads flow better than the e7's, well even the non hi-po heads flow a little better, but probably not enough to make it worth your while.

wrong, all roller engines are HO's. i owned a 91 tbird and low and behold, the intake plaque said 5.0 HO. any 302 without a roller cam is just a 302. yes i know the blocks after, what 85 or 86 were roller ready but not not all of them were equipped with the roller hardware.

Ranchero5.0 said:
The 289 heads have smaller ports vs a E7 head. The only ones that flowed well were the '69 351 heads and they have 69cc chambers , plus much smaller ports thatn any aftermarket heads. Even the GT40's are small for a free breathing 302 build. Any factory head that needs reworked is a poor deal vs getting a set of AFR's.

Jamie

you send me that 1500 bucks to get those afr's and then i can experience those, until then, i am using stock heads.