302 heads

• Sponsors (?)

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm also interested in the twisted wedge possibilities. This summer I'm going to be doing a head and cam. Was thinking about afr 165s or the tw. Also what kind of cam would anyone recommend. I was thinking of the e303 or the trick flow stage 1 but I don't know about compatibility or what would work best.

TFS Twisted Wedge.... :nice:

vikingpower is right,also the TFS intake valve angle will let you run more lift with the larger vavle than the other heads,and it also helps is flow more.Plus the exhaust port on the TFS seem to be excellant in desing.

powermaxx said:
i need to have the 58cc chambers though do the twisted wedge offer the 58cc option?

The TW is a 61cc head,to mill it down to 58cc would only be about .0020 off the head.A mahcine shop should do it in a day and not cost more than $150.

But the differnace is about a .3-4 points of compression so I really wouldnt worry,get what head you like.

Now I wouldnt do a 64cc chamber,thats would be a big differance.

well i rilly want to mill it to like 57 or 56cc chambers but if i got a head with 58 id just leave them.

if i get them milled will the valves hit the pistons?

it would be nice to have 9:5:1 compression on the stock shortblock.

Nope, I had my AFRs milled .024" and it was originally a 60cc head (pedestal mount) on a big cam without any clearance issues. That should've taken my combustion chambers to about 56cc.

Chris